Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what would be the best setup for my 97 GT is on exhaust. I might as well look at putting headers and and back on. I want an o/r x-pipe and I want it to be kinda loud. What are the best headers, ,mufflers, and pipes to buy for the whole system. Also what kinda hp would I be looking to gain?

John

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I am looking at buying something soon.....give me a good deal....so lets talk some pricing.

Thanks, John

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Chad is right,the Dr.gas is the best..Period..I have it on my car as well..Best headers out are KOOKS,they are a bit more then your standard Macs,BBK but they are a true stepped header..I happen to sell those as well.:)
Damn Chad,we are such whores aren't we...:)

Tim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok I think I am going to go with a dr. gas o/r x and I am thinking magnaflow mufflers......if you guys sell both of these let me know a price for them....or if you sell one or the other let me know a price on it. Thanks

John

·
Registered
132 Posts
BlueVenomGT said:
ok I think I am going to go with a dr. gas o/r x and I am thinking magnaflow mufflers......if you guys sell both of these let me know a price for them....or if you sell one or the other let me know a price on it. Thanks

John
Good choices. If you want loud then I would suggest going with the MagnaPacks for the cat-back not the regular MagnaFlows.

Derrick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i want loud but not extremely loud...if anyone has a sound clip I would like to hear it....I have one from mustang exhaust.com but it doesn't state whether its the regular magnaflow or the magnapacks.

John

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was also looking today at the flowmaster american thunder cat back system....would this cat back along with the dr. gas o/r x-pipe be good?

John

·
Registered
23 Posts
first off... get rid of those 6 cat's you car has... the car will feel alot better with them off...

i'm saying cuz my old 96 GT had 6 converters :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you are exactly right on how many cats there are....heres the problem.....I had an x-pipe put on and he welded everything as one piece from the headers back....so he screwed me on doing that....I even had the mil eliminators already ordered? Thats why I am just going to redo my whole exhaust unless someone knows a better way of knocking out those cats.

john

1 - 11 of 11 Posts