Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great weekend, I will start off the thread because there were a lot of people there with cameras and input. Our very own JAY KNOT( Engcon) from Houston took the Cobra Class, Man what a great time watching some very fast Cobras.............I got to watch due to a small clutch problem, Which Strictly is about to make go away. Those clutches just can't keep up with the KB. I will let all the guys tell you their times, but Jay did run in the 10s and I am happy for him. If you ever want to see a Cobra launch, watch Richard from Strictly with that auto and trans brake........ouch. Hey Ratfink get those pics up as soon as you can.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You KB guys are slow. I was running circles around you guys with the good old Heaton. Of course these were just my thoughts between breaks as I had to work this weekend and missed FFW. :p I heard Jay put on a very good show. :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Shadowgray03 said:
What was the fastes 03 with IRS and T56?
i'm guessing ... EngCon?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the class I think Jay was the only one running the stock setup other than a new clutch and some bad ass ET Streets.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Shadowgray03, stock class or just the restrictions you mentioned.

How fast did Strictly Pro's car go? i saw a 10.1 @ 131 -- i think.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
coleman said:
Shadowgray03, stock class or just the restrictions you mentioned.

How fast did Strictly Pro's car go? i saw a 10.1 @ 131 -- i think.
Im not real familiar with the classes but I am curious as to the best time with IRS and T56, no other mod restrictions.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The 10.1 was on motor - no dope. I think it went 9.8x on dope but had it get out of it at the 1000ft because the car was spraying coolant all over the place and the car got sideways. Richard correct me if I am wrong. We will find out what the car is capable of in Bowling Green.

Jay Knott

·
Registered
223 Posts
which coolant? intercooler?

cuz mine sprays intercooler coolant at times!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sideways!

Good time in Dallas..
Strictly Josh and Strictly Jay both took home ten second time slips.. Good deal,being that neither one of them had even been down the track with the changes made to the cars before the race.. The yellow car was on a killer run but got sideways about 900 ft. We have a good idea what the car will run with the blower belt on the car at the finish line. On the next run NO JUCE! Nitrous program 10.19. BOORRINNGG!!!!!! No fun without the juce..
The best part of the weekend for Ken and I was Mike Galimi came over with the New MM&FF and the yellow ar was on the cover.. Kinda cool..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh Yeah......................sounding and looking good. Props to Richard for all the hard work he put in Jays car, and it showed at the track. Jay, Great job driving that beast of yours.......and who was it that asked me if you could drive................huuuummmm I guess you answered that question ........gear jamming king:king

Chill

PS: Got a spare clutch I can have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts