Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those with G-Tech Pro Competition units I just checked their site and they finally have the windows software available. They also have a firmware update of 3.0 available for the unit.

G-Tech Pro

·
Bluesmobile
2,121 Posts
Thanks,

Dana

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what the software looks like.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I bought one of these. What a complete POS.

I've been calibrating it until I'm blue in the face and the CLOSEST it got to the track clocs was still off 1/2 a secound and 10MPH!

JT

·
Registered
898 Posts
JT said:

I've been calibrating it until I'm blue in the face and the CLOSEST it got to the track clocs was still off 1/2 a secound and 10MPH!

JT
did you try fooling around with the weight of your car parameter? I heard with the Gtech's that you need to add 500lb to your cars weight for it to be accurate.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have used G-tech's before at the track and it was within a tenth but always 3-4 mph too fast. I think placement is a big part of how accurate it is.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SSled said:
I have used G-tech's before at the track and it was within a tenth but always 3-4 mph too fast. I think placement is a big part of how accurate it is.
I think the MPH is off because at the track your mph is not what you are doing when you hit 1320. It is an average over a distance before the 1320 which I think is 60', but am not sure.

·
Registered
898 Posts
toofast4u said:
I think the MPH is off because at the track your mph is not what you are doing when you hit 1320. It is an average over a distance before the 1320 which I think is 60', but am not sure.
I've heard that before also which is really interesting.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I've heard the trap speed thing before too. I wasn't really expecting that to be right. Although, you would think they could change the algorithms to average the time frmm the same two points the track uses.

Besides that, I was more upset by the elapsed times to the various track markers.

SSled, how did you mount yours for the best reading? I had mine mounted with the supplied suction mount to the windsheild right in front of me so I could hit the buttons while staging.

JT

·
Registered
135 Posts
We used the suctions also but I put mine in the center of the windshield about halfway up.You have to reach a little to get the buttons though.

You still going to Cecil tomorrow JT?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is where mine is mounted.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SSled said:
We use the old one.I dont know if the same thing would work with the new style.
The old one was a PIA. It only has one accelerometer so it has to be mounted perfectly aligned or it will not work right. The new one like I have has 3 accelerometers and self-levels after the first alignment run so you can mount it in any position. The cool thing I like is the shift light and cornering light also works that is why I permanently mounted mine like I did. The new firmware that just came out has increased its accuracy and requires some more configuration to make sure it is right.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
SSled said:
I'll be there as well betraying my chevy roots by running BAD PNY's 03.You gonna be on the BFG's?
I'm not sure which tire I will have on. Depends on tonight, I'm going to run the BFG's at Atco to make sure the new tune I have is as good as the old one.

JT

·
Registered
3 Posts
JT said:

JT
try changing the rollout to match your track. these are actually quite accurate, especially the new version with 3 temperature compensating accelerometers.

one note, the above graph was created using the old firmware, so the 0-60 times are off by the rollout, which is generally around .4-.5 secs, so above the 0-60 would have been just under 5 secs.

Its not a complete substitute for a track, but one of the cooler features is the g's graph.

Below is some data I recorded while trying to get my 60fts down, the green graph bogged and the red graph had major wheel spin, and after talking to some guys here and practicing a bunch I improved my 60ft by almost 2 tenths (black graph)!

You can also measure your ability to shift, the graph above shows some nice fast shifts, which is always good for the et.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts