Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys i'm running out of options. I have an 03 gt. I changed the rearend gears about a month ago. My dealer did the work but they cannot figure out how to fix my speedo. They insist that the speedo runs off the abs sensor wich abviously is'nt the case or it would'nt be off. I'm running into dead ends. The hypertech programmer won't work for anything over an 01. What do i do?:confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
i dont know but when i got my gears changed by my shop they said if the car is after 99 then it can only be changed with a chip because it is electronic

·
Registered
885 Posts
03redfiregt said:
OK guys i'm running out of options. I have an 03 gt. I changed the rearend gears about a month ago. My dealer did the work but they cannot figure out how to fix my speedo. They insist that the speedo runs off the abs sensor wich abviously is'nt the case or it would'nt be off. I'm running into dead ends. The hypertech programmer won't work for anything over an 01. What do i do?:confused:
Is your car an auto or a stick?

If it's an automatic, the speedo can only be corrected with a custom chip. If it's a 5-spd, you can buy & install a speedcal, which tricks the speedometer into reading correctly. You can buy a speedcal at either Dallas Mustang or Brothers Performance. Expect to pay ~ $90 - $100 + shipping. Either one is very easy to install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts