Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any problems with their rear slingin oil on the underneath of the car? getting 6 point cage installed tuesday by wild rides,took the back seat out and their was actually gear oil under my seat:jawdrop i couldn't beleive my eyes!!! anyway looks like the seal or leak is coming from threads around pinion nut!! had my gears put in year and a half ago no problem with leak till now.

thanks for any feedback

·
Banned
6 Posts
Sounds like the oil is coming up the splines and leaking out the nut. Get some teflon thread sealer and put it on the splines after removing pinion yoke. Reinstall yoke put sealant under nut and retighten to previous turning torque.

Might want to replace the pinion seal while you are at it too.

Worked on my T-Bird. Ford actually had a TSB on this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. it's getting done tomorrow so i'll tell my mechanic about it. i know this sounds stupid but i'm assuming that tsb is a recall?

·
Banned
6 Posts
No it is a Technical Service Bulletin. A recall is a different thing that the government usually makes the manufacturer fix.

fast2v said:
thanks for the info. it's getting done tomorrow so i'll tell my mechanic about it. i know this sounds stupid but i'm assuming that tsb is a recall?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts