Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 03 GT stock 3.27 gears...looking to change them...the car is a daily driver, have steeda's cold air intake and flowmaster exhaust so far...will be adding nitrous and a few other things wondering what gears would be best...any help is appericated...thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
i got 3.73 and there awesome but some times i catch my self wondering what 4.10's would do. with 3.73 i'm at 2400 @75 so you would be around 2600 rpm with 4.10 @ 75 which isn't that bad i get about 24 mpg on highway and 9mpg in town

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am looking at getting 3.73's too. I am also looking at that ZEX Wet Nitrous kit that comes with 75, 100, and 125 hp nozzles. My car is a 2003 GT Convertible, 5 Speed. Has anyone had any experience with ZEX? What about the cheapo plastic intake manifold on the newer Mustangs? Is that going to come apart with nitrous? How much time does a 100 hp shot take off your 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
492 Posts
96stang46 said:
i got 3.73 and there awesome but some times i catch my self wondering what 4.10's would do.
I feel the same way bro. If I didnt have future plans in which the 3.73's wouldnt have worked, then I would have went 4.10's without a doubt. All depends what his ultimate goal is. Nothing like churning 500+ HP and running out of gear come the 3/16th mile.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Laser-red 2003vert said:
What about the cheapo plastic intake manifold on the newer Mustangs? Is that going to come apart with nitrous?
i sprayed a 125 wet shot for over 6 months and never had a problem...till i found oil all over the plugs in cyl #1 and 2!:king just dont hit the rev limiter and it should be fine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts