Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I post the question here so I would get some replys.

I have a 2 valve that has been built to run Renegade.We will see close to if not over 800rwhp as soon as we get the thing back on the dyno.I'm shifting @ 8K and still making horse power up there.I have a C4 running 28" tires.I have 4:10 gears and am thinking about going 4:30's.My car makes wicked power up top but Im worried about the lowend torque Im facing against the 5.0 cars.I figured 4:30's would get me up in my power band faster and give me a better chance at staying even off the line.I know my car will hang in the upper Rpms,but down low the 5.0 is nasty.

Any thoughts?I dont think the gear will be to much since we are shifting so high.

Tim

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a very old dyno but its the only one I have at the moment.As you can see my torque and HP are great up top..Down low is another story.This was my old street setup with shorty headers and 16psi.My setup is different know but the gaph kinda shows you if I can get up in the RPM my car is great in the torque and HP curve.

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
how heavy is the car? What do you go through the traps @ ?
Stall of conv?, Whats peak tq, rpm?

·
Registered
661 Posts
How fast is it ET?
Cobra Killer said:
Here is a very old dyno but its the only one I have at the moment.As you can see my torque and HP are great up top..Down low is another story.This was my old street setup with shorty headers and 16psi.My setup is different know but the gaph kinda shows you if I can get up in the RPM my car is great in the torque and HP curve.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3050#
5200 stall
Torque never falls.I have no clue why my torque curve is the way it is.It didnt start doing that until we installed the JT trim blower.

We have not run it with the new setup so I dont know the trap rpm is.My guess would be 7K or there abouts with 4.10's and 28" tires.
I know ben was running 4:56 gears,im not sure if that wouldn't be to much for me.I dont mind going through the traps @ 8k if it has to.I just dont want to be under geared..
Guess I ought to run it before I swap gears to see what she does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts