Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive been debating over the past few days what to do with my car for the upcoming race season. Recently Ive moved about 30 miles away from work. I used to live less than 200 yards from work. My commute was made using our Saleen S331 truck for a while. Then we sold it and i started to use the mustang for daily commute. Well with 4.56 gears i was getting very poor fuel economy, most of my driving is highway. Also i like to travel and with out a 2nd vehicle I cant go anywhere with the car.

My father offered to put a Supershaker on the car so i jumped at the idea. We knew id have to change out the shortblock at least and upgrade the fuel system. So a JDM 298 stroker 9.8:1 compression shortblock was put into commission. Im either going to use the heads from my current engine or use new ones if i sell my motor as a longblock. Im going to change the cams and converter as well. Im looking to go for a very streetable setup here and may even use stock cams and converter.

That being said im looking for around 550 HP at the tires on 13-14 psi boost. Nothing too crazy but enough to get me in the mid 10's and somewhere back to normal fuel economy! ill be posting pics of the install and giving me details as i go.

if anyone is interested in the Longblock im pulling out i have it for sale here...http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?t=128383

[email protected]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Your Pops told me he could get me another 60+ ponies with the same pulley and I have all the parts. However, I have a weird feeling that by the time I cut my hood that there will be a black taranchula looking thing sitting on top of my 298 stroker!!:rockon::yahoo:

I have another weird feeling that your Pops is going to become a spider whisperer:hmm:

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a weird feeling that by the time I cut my hood that there will be a black taranchula looking thing sitting on top of my 298 stroker!!:rockon::yahoo:

I have another weird feeling that your Pops is going to become a spider whisperer:hmm:
your car is going to be called the "Taran-cholo"

·
Registered
553 Posts
Damn Jim, I've always enjoyed your NA accomplishments and sorry to see you go but I can't help but be happy you are stepping up to FI. The fun factor just went up a notch for you.

Don't let your dad always stay a step ahead of you and kick his butt!!:tip:

·
Registered
111 Posts
What does my car have arachnophobia??? I need a tarantula under the hood too damnit!!! haha
Like a wise man once told me, named PAPA, "you gotta crawl before you walk. . . and before you RUN. . . you gotta go through ME"!! Have fun w/ the starter kit and let me know when you are ready for that SPIDER BITE!!:shok:

your car is going to be called the "Taran-cholo"
I knew I liked you for a reason!! I am going to contact Marvel Comics and see if they want to do some Spiderman VS Taran-cholo!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well ive been debating over the past few days what to do with my car for the upcoming race season. Recently Ive moved about 30 miles away from work. I used to live less than 200 yards from work. My commute was made using our Saleen S331 truck for a while. Then we sold it and i started to use the mustang for daily commute. Well with 4.56 gears i was getting very poor fuel economy, most of my driving is highway. Also i like to travel and with out a 2nd vehicle I cant go anywhere with the car.

My father offered to put a Supershaker on the car so i jumped at the idea. We knew id have to change out the shortblock at least and upgrade the fuel system. So a JDM 298 stroker 9.8:1 compression shortblock was put into commission. Im either going to use the heads from my current engine or use new ones if i sell my motor as a longblock. Im going to change the cams and converter as well. Im looking to go for a very streetable setup here and may even use stock cams and converter.

That being said im looking for around 550 HP at the tires on 13-14 psi boost. Nothing too crazy but enough to get me in the mid 10's and somewhere back to normal fuel economy! ill be posting pics of the install and giving me details as i go.

if anyone is interested in the Longblock im pulling out i have it for sale here...http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?t=128383

[email protected]
Jum,

What was the best run with your N/A set up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts