Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8-9 psi @490 corrected
triple pumps working [email protected]% duty cycle at 490 hp
tranny working great
converter working great
new turbo inlet pipe working great
HPX meter is a bad ass
THP kit working great
BBR stage 2 cams working great...holding strong and still making power at 6500...

Eric Brooks is working great too. He really knows what he is doing...

Only negative is turbo seems to be putting some oil out the exhaust at higher rpms....

MORE to come

also the E boost controller is kicking my ass trying to figure out how to make it come off the spring and go higher...

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
8-9 psi @490 corrected
triple pumps working [email protected]% duty cycle at 490 hp
tranny working great
converter working great
new turbo inlet pipe working great
HPX meter is a bad ass
THP kit working great
BBR stage 2 cams working great...holding strong and still making power at 6500...

Eric Brooks is working great too. He really knows what he is doing...

Only negative is turbo seems to be putting some oil out the exhaust at higher rpms....

MORE to come

also the E boost controller is kicking my ass trying to figure out how to make it come off the spring and go higher...
Congrats Dave. Glad to see that the car is up and running and Eric was able to do his thing on it. It's also very nice to see that the Triple Pump system is working our good for you as well. There's a lot more left in it so lets see ya turn it up!!

Jared

·
Registered
873 Posts
Eric truly is the best of the best. Congrats with your setup

It's probably your MMR motor pushing oil, not the turbo.

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's getting better................just made 530rwhp

·
Registered
850 Posts
I would look at those fuel pump duty cycles. Mine was only 35% at 600rwhp with the triple pump setup.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd love to hear your opinion of the Turbo vice the roots style blower.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would look at those fuel pump duty cycles. Mine was only 35% at 600rwhp with the triple pump setup.
you are right...I looked at something wrong..
30% duty cycle now at 571 rwhp correct @ 13psi

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
Those duty cycle numbers are insanely awesome!!!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what tranny do you have? Could you post a copy of your graph real quick...need to look at a couple things

·
Registered
780 Posts
Dave what size restrictor do you have in the turbo oil line?

Earl

·
Registered
850 Posts
what tranny do you have? Could you post a copy of your graph real quick...need to look at a couple things
I don't have a copy of the graph. I run a 4R70W.

·
Whippled!
1,374 Posts
Cool beans--571rwhp at 13 psi. How much more in boost do you plan on going? What size turbo also, a 76mm?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Damn Dave, that's a pretty awesome setup you've got there.

Dave what size restrictor do you have in the turbo oil line?

Earl
That's always the first place I want to look when it comes to a modular having oil in the exhaust after the turbo issues.

Most people don't realize how much oil pressure they have and assume it's the same as a 5.0. (Since that's what everyone knows so well.)

Other than that, if the turbos have any sort of age on them, even if they've never been run, you run the risk of the seals going bad.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good numbers. Can I ask why run 3 pumps at 30% duty cycle instead of 2 at a higher cycle? To me, utilizing a greater pump range will result in increased controller accuracy.....

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I had time to check out GI Joe's car today and I must admit, it is amazing. It made big power and looks just as good. That 570rwhp number was nothing!!

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Well, we finished up about 45 mins ago. Spent most of the day figuring out the Eboost2 controller and the smoking.

I'll let Dave post up the numbers. :tip:

The duty cycle was around 60% tops. The low numbers posted before were incorrect.

The triple pump setup worked flawlessly. This was the first system I had tuned, and tuning it was as easy as the GT500 pumps. With an HPX sensor and the MAFia on 2, we never got higher than around 820 A/D counts on the MAF. This is in a 3" pipe, in blow thru.

Dave's transmission setup is top notch, and looks awesome.

I have a couple vids of the dyno runs I will post once I get them off the camera.

EB

1 - 20 of 148 Posts