#1 ·
8-9 psi @490 corrected
triple pumps working great...@50% duty cycle at 490 hp
tranny working great
converter working great
new turbo inlet pipe working great
HPX meter is a bad ass
THP kit working great
BBR stage 2 cams working great...holding strong and still making power at 6500...

Eric Brooks is working great too. He really knows what he is doing...

Only negative is turbo seems to be putting some oil out the exhaust at higher rpms....

MORE to come

also the E boost controller is kicking my ass trying to figure out how to make it come off the spring and go higher...

#4 ·
Eric truly is the best of the best. Congrats with your setup

It's probably your MMR motor pushing oil, not the turbo.

#5 ·
It's getting better................just made 530rwhp

#6 ·
I would look at those fuel pump duty cycles. Mine was only 35% at 600rwhp with the triple pump setup.

#11 ·
Those duty cycle numbers are insanely awesome!!!

#20 ·
Well, we finished up about 45 mins ago. Spent most of the day figuring out the Eboost2 controller and the smoking.

I'll let Dave post up the numbers. :tip:

The duty cycle was around 60% tops. The low numbers posted before were incorrect.

The triple pump setup worked flawlessly. This was the first system I had tuned, and tuning it was as easy as the GT500 pumps. With an HPX sensor and the MAFia on 2, we never got higher than around 820 A/D counts on the MAF. This is in a 3" pipe, in blow thru.

Dave's transmission setup is top notch, and looks awesome.

I have a couple vids of the dyno runs I will post once I get them off the camera.

EB

#21 ·
Only negative is turbo seems to be putting some oil out the exhaust at higher rpms....
I had trouble like this on my 4.6/turbo combo and I speculate it was oil pressure. I dropped from a 4AN supply line to a 3AN on the 5.4 and I have not had a issue.

Eric's a great guy and has been a big help on my car. I was hoping to be able to travel with 05stroker and have both our cars tuned but it's not looking good for me.

I'm assuming you have the 3 pump returnless system? I've been considering a swap to the 3 pump return setup.

Can't wait to see the final numbers !!

Thanks Mike

#22 ·
Mike,

We spent several hours looking into the mystery oil problem. His car smokes after a WOT pull, about a second after the throttle shuts. You can probably see it in the dyno video (I'm uploading now).

We checked

-spark plugs, no sign of oil.
-hot side of the turbo, no oil
-intake and tb area, no oil.

The best we can tell is that it is sucking oil past the valve guides or something along those lines.

#23 ·
EB: Does it smoke similar to Shawn's car did?

I wonder if oil supply to the turbo is his problem also.

#30 · (Edited)
OK here we go...
A few technical things first

First let me say that several of my past cars have been in the hands of several good tuners over the years. This car has seen a couple big tuners too...But in my experience Erik Brooks is simply the best I have ever seen. His indepth knowledge of the tuning software and understanding completely how modular engines work coupled with his methodical approach to tuning is superior to any I've seen. I'd put my name out there highly reccomending him all day long...
Speaking of all day long...thats what we did...As Eric mentioned the car was easy to tune just had 2 issues...finding out how to be smarter than the Eboost 2 controller and the oil issue.
I have many runs on this engine to worry about the intergrity of the motor...Its been great regardless of what anyone things about MMR. Maybe I got lucky...but the motor is fine...always has been. I ran lots of blower runs on it with no issue before the turbo setup went on.
Heres what I know...No oil in the catch can. Both v/cover plumbed to one open element catch can/breather.
No oil on any plugs.
No oil on either side of the turbo ( wheel or cold side or at T/B)
No smoke on start up.
At first I thought it was pushing past valve guides but then we noticed it only does it when I lift afterboost.....not on normal throttle or start up....so it has to be the positive pressure going negative and pulling the oil out...must be related to the turbo...I made 15 psi on the Saleen just before putting the turbo on and it never did this.

While you all ponder that let me say that I never imagined a car that I would make enough power to say "enough" and stop knowing that the car has alot...I mean alot of capability left in it.
The duty cycle on the pumps is 65% when you look at the full number and 32 when you look at the other number that some often quoted (SCT has 2 numbers 50% of the actual reading)
Either way the LEATHAL PERFORMANCE triple fuel pump setup has proven it will easy,EASY go over 1000. 1100rwhp would be no problem.
HPX meter is a bad azz...with lots let on the meter....what can I say
and 20.8 psi.......
733 rwhp 680 tq....very moderate timing........it would have been a snap to make put 24-25 psi and a couple more deg timing and went right over 800...easy....
So why stop at 570 street (13psi) and 733 race tune at only 20.8 psi.......because I can! I wanted 700 to runs 9s and I got it with a good amount left on all systems for more power if I want to turn up the money knob. hahaha thats about 860 on the block though...thats about good enough...
The freaking BBR cams thump and make power AT LEAST to 7000 rpms and maybe further...I never found the limit...just did not see the reason too. Turbo cams or not they work great and thump like a rabbit.
THP kit rocks. Could not ask for better customer service or quality worksmanship. Thats all I can say and the little 3" inlet tube me and Cali made rocks too.
The tranny and converter worked great and lock up hits hard and holds at least to 755 (733 corrected.)
So lots of new stuff and it all worked great.
Now for some track times. The cars setup last ran 10.78 on 180 less hp...lets see what we can do.
Eric Brooks and his wife are class acts...and I enjoyed the day. He really took good care of me.....BrooksSpeed gets my vote TOP NOTCH
....**btw...on the one 733 run if you wonder about the dip it bounced off the boost overboost limit I had it set wrong

#31 ·
Dave,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I greatly appreciate it.

That dip we see on the high boost run may have been some tire slippage on the dyno. I will look at the run files tomorrow and let you know.

Your car was built right, with the right combo of parts. I made one MAF change and the fueling was spot on, every run. I made one timing change (when we went to race gas and more boost I added 3 degrees). For C16 the timing is very conservative, we could have added much more and picked up a ton of power, but there was no reason. You made the right decision by over building the combo so you don't have to push it to get the power.

#32 ·
Very nice numbers indeed! I can't wait to see what the car will do at the track now!

#36 ·
Are you sure you don't mean the FLIGHT home? :D

The best we can tell is that it is sucking oil past the valve guides or something along those lines.
I was JUST going to post that same thing. It seems like it's pretty much the only place you can look at this point.

Damn that thing is baaaaddd....

I know someone with a turbo cobra that's going to need tuning in South Florida, soon. ;)

#34 ·
We're gonna have to meet up in a few weeks and have some fun

#35 ·
Awesome numbers, and congrats again on a killer setup. Sorry about the MMR comment, but i was being provoked at the time.:)
I too am a big fan of the BBR stage 2 cams. I love mine, but ran out of blower long before the cams gave up. Your combo is setting the bar pretty high.

It's great to hear of another success story coming from BrooksSpeed. That's why I proudly display the sig you see here.

#37 ·
Awesome numbers, and congrats again on a killer setup. Sorry about the MMR comment, but i was being provoked at the time.:)
I too am a big fan of the BBR stage 2 cams. I love mine, but ran out of blower long before the cams gave up. Your combo is setting the bar pretty high.

It's great to hear of another success story coming from BrooksSpeed. That's why I proudly display the sig you see here.
no problem at all...I'm use to the MMR bashing but its bee a good motor...wouls puff just a little at the top of the rpm runs with the saleen on. The only thing I have done different is the cams . The haeds have been on the motor since I built it. I would not think its the v/guides but no oil is anywhere to be found..The cams were added when I put the turbo on...so I dont know whats up...

Guys I trailer the car down and back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.