Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Global West Subs installed today at Paul's Automotive Engineering in Cincinnati. The Subs are a very nice piece. They are similiar in design to the KB extreme units, but MUCH heavier duty. http://www.globalwest.net/mustang 79-98.htm#Subframe connectors:

The install from Paul's was great and the vert seems a bunch stiffer now. 6lb lower and preditor up next!

Take care,

Kevin

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
You will love the 6lb lower,,13+lbs boost.
Doesn't Pauls tune with Autologic...(BIG MIKE) ??

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim, yeah big mike tunes with autologic. I'm going to do the 6lb lower myself. I'm just waiting on the preditor to be available from Rick so that I can get one of his Diablo tunes for the pulley. I will head back to Paul's to verify AF on the dyno after the install. I'm trying to avoid a chip if I can.

Take care,

Kevin

·
Registered
111 Posts
The fully welded set will probably be my next mod. Along with a strut tower brace and rear shock brace. Then a roll bar, full bushing set, lowering springs/coil overs, ... dang, where the heck is my chip and pulley fit into there?:D :D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Obiefox said:
Jim, yeah big mike tunes with autologic. I'm going to do the 6lb lower myself. I'm just waiting on the preditor to be available from Rick so that I can get one of his Diablo tunes for the pulley. I will head back to Paul's to verify AF on the dyno after the install. I'm trying to avoid a chip if I can.

Take care,

Kevin
Kevin, 6lb lower Rick's Diabo Chip will be good setup..
best of luck..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hunter, The GW subs are pretty stout. They attach to the subframes and the outer pinch welds like the KB extreme matrix system does. The MM are great units also. I went GW because I have a vert and I felt like they would offer more support by boxing in at the pinch welds.

Good luck,

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts