Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has been shelved. according to motor trend, inside sources at gm say the 556hp Z-28 has been shelved. not the right car to be producing on taxpayer dollars. the car was ready to be released and it was all for not. add that to the bilions allready lost this yr by GM.

·
Registered
57 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA.

deep breath...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats what they get for sitting on it for too long.

·
Registered
564 Posts
That is too bad. It would have been a nice car.
If GM wasnt about to completely tank I would be ordering a Camaro SS for a second toy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Awesome. So much for the competition. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
That doesn't surprise me. With the situation they're in, making a car like that makes little sense. You would probably be better off buying a C6 for the price.

·
Banned
263 Posts
I lost all respect for GM when they announced the Z28 would be the better model than the SS.
FAIL.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Considering the situation they are in asking for a second loan they should shelf they should be told to shelf the camaro as a whole until they get their stuff together.

·
Registered
775 Posts
so camaro is still coming out except for the z28... from what i hear gm canceled thier "ss" and "v" lines.. so does that mean just a base camaro is coming out?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think the SS is going to be the regular version with the V8, kinda like how the Z28 was the standard on the fourth gens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If they all made cars that were affordable, they wouldnt be in such a predicament.

It's all about the GREED and now they are paying for it...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so camaro is still coming out except for the z28... from what i hear gm canceled thier "ss" and "v" lines.. so does that mean just a base camaro is coming out?
The story only referenced the Z28. they've got way to much invested in the camaro to shelve the whole product. besides, what else do the got?

·
Registered
17 Posts
What they got is an unsustainable business model. Hopefully they can restructure. Not presently looking good for them however. Ford is holding there own, so it is possible. G.M. has a lot of people holding there breath.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yup. GM and Chrysler need to read FORD's play book!! Atleast FORD is ahead of the game so far!! I don't want to see GM or Chrysler fold...would be a major hit to our economy again!! But...Ford/my new GT is still my favorite/except for my old Ramblers!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
AMC390...where you located? I have several ..AMX/Ambassador/V8(401) Gremlins..etc? along with my FORDS!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
What's this have to do with 2005-2008 Mustang GT's? :bigwink:

·
Registered
564 Posts
I lost all respect for GM when they announced the Z28 would be the better model than the SS.
I dont get your point. The Z-28 was THE high performance version of the 1st generation Camaro.
What would be wrong with having their newest top performing Camaro named after the original top performing Camaro? Isnt this new Camaro designed to echo the 1st gen (1967-1969) styling? You feel that the well over-used "SS" designation is somehow more appropriate?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Prinzzzz. I think he was asking WHY i talked to amc390. !

·
Registered
454 Posts
Although...BACK in the day.....the AMX/Javelin was aLSO direct competition to Camaro/Mustang...etc!! LOVE my 08 GT!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts