Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of putting a single turbo kit on my own recession special. I got the kit from a company in Ohio and it was well under 2k shipped . Anyone have any feedback on On 3 Performance and their kit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 3 Performance. Chad (owner), Super nice guy . I need to get him to post on here.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just bought their kit Friday... should be here next week. Let me know how the install goes...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you buy it for the fox body, or their new kit for the 96-01 cobra?

Just bought their kit Friday... should be here next week. Let me know how the install goes...

·
Registered
208 Posts
He posts on turbomustangs.com and i know some people have been giving him hell about his kits (quality and warranty)....Personally i know nothing about him, but from what he advertises, his kits seem to be great quality at a great price.

Post some pics and a review whenever you receive or install the kit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just got my kit... it really looks to good to be true for $1450. Everything joint is tig welded, it's all SS, everything is packaged very well.... couldn't be happier at this time. Super nice guy as well. Hopefully the install goes as good as the kit looks. Even if there are minor fitment issues, I can't imagine how anyone could complain considering the price.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chad is a straight forward guy. When are you going to install the kit?

·
Registered
348 Posts
It's probably going to be a few weeks before I get started. I'm trying to sell another car right now to free up some garage space. Wife isn't too understanding about her parkign outside. It's killing me though, b/c I would like to get started ASAP.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Anyone know when the 4 valve cobra kit will be coming out?ive already got the t-trim sitting in my garage....just wonderin when this kit would be out:) and if they need a test mule! haha

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I last spoke with Chad he was finishing up the 96-98 and 99-01 cobra kit.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Car was wrecked when I bought it for $1,500. It has 74,000 miles on it.
I haven't started the turbo install yet... I have been going through the motor and chassis tyring to get things in line before I start... My brother did all the body work and got it painted last fall. I want it to run and drive like a new car before the turbo kit goes on.

I have done the following over the past 6 weeks and plan to fire the car up this weekend:

Oil pump
water pump
valve cover gaskets
oil pan gaskets
timing chain
timing cover gaskets
water pump gaskets
160 thermostat
water kneck gasket
pcv valve
power steering pump
oil sending unit
deleted smog pump and EGR
put on intake spacer
put on BBK throttle body
new UPR tripple hook fire wall aduster
new radiator hoses
painted engine bay
optimum red top battery
painted upper intake and valve covers
msd ingnition (box, distributor, wires and coil)
steeda lower springs
new struts and shocks
17" Gunmetal Cobra wheels
new fuel tank
underdrive pulley's
stainless steel catback
new shifter
New brakes front and rear (Calipers, pads, shoes, wheel cylinders, etc...)

I'm sure I'm missing some things... but I hope it runs ok...

I want to have the turbo installed by June.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Here are the before pics.... LOL... This car probably wasn't worth fixing, oh-well. I forgot how ruff it was. If you opened the doors, they would fall off on the ground, and the core support was shoved so far up, the hood wouldn't even latch... There wasn't a clean panel on the entire car. We put new fendors on, all new ground effects and a whole lot of filler for the rest....

I will try to post some after pics tomorrow.... Still haven't got started on the Turbo, but she is finally ready for it at least. I may not get the turbo on this summer, may be later this fall or winter. My second child is due this August.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts