Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Gonna ditch the Kenne Bell

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  1BAD98 
#1 ·
I need more power , plain and simple ;) What are your suggestions- cheapest route to best potential. This will be on my 97 cobra stock block- for now, I will forge it soon.
Right now I have pretty much maxed out the KB at 413HP/401TQ here are my mods and you guys list what you would do for the budget minded...I will sell the KB and get a replacemant upper/lower intake+ what power adder?
My goal is to get into the low 11s without removing my seats etc..

My Mods so far:
42# Bosch Fuel Injectors
90mm Lightning Mass Air w/ K&N filter
9mm Plug Wires
255LPH Fuel Pump
NGKTR6 Spark Plugs
Custom Tuned Chip by RFF Performance.

Suspension:
Eibach Pro Springs
Pro3i Caster Camber Plates
Megabite Jr. Lower Control Arms
MM Subframes

Exhaust:
Bassani Off Road X-Pipe
DynoMax-Ultra Flow Mufflers

Spec Stage2 Clutch

UPR Blue Thunder- short throw shifter

FMS 4:10 gears

See less See more
#3 ·
Get a good used S-trim kit, if the headunit is a SC trim send it baclk to Vortech and have it upgraded to a 2V impellar. Run a 3.33 pulley and carry it to Chris Johnson and let him tune it for you. You also need to drop your gear ratio down a bit, I reccomend 4.56 :D
BAM low 11's!

Chad

#8 ·
I also would find a good used S-trim or Novi 2000. I made 534+rwhp with an upgraded S-trim and Chris Johnsons tunning. With 410 gears and Nitto Drag radials I was running 11.61 at 126mph with alot of wheel spin. Thanks, Jeff B. (1BAD98):D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.