Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, well I finally got one... never thought I would. It's a tri black vert. Man the weather has been decent lately and I've got sun burn on my forehead (I look like a fool!) anyways, I've not been experencing most of the "normal" problems you guys speak of, but I have to be what sounds like I tie rod clank @ low speads and cornering, like going in and out of parking spaces, turning slowly from a stop sign. I just figured it was the tie rod, but wanted to check with you guys first.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you sure it's coming from the front? Our rears get a sound exactly like what you described, there is a TSB for it but I don't have the number right in front of me. Basically, it's some play in the suspension.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not 100% but it sure sounds like it's comming from the front end somewhere, I'll try this afternoon when I get home to be sure.

When does the rear end noise occur for you? Mine sounds like a clicking or clank @ very low speads and wheel turning.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another thing while I'm thinking about it.. all my gauges read fine.. but it feels as if it runs really really hot! I used to have a 90 lx 347 ci. So I know what hot feels like.. but it's just hot standing next to the car while it's running, just seems hotter than it should to me, I'm new to the 03's so maybe it's normal.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so I listened for the noise today and it's definitly from the front end suspension, can't tell which side though. it's a pretty loud clank which can be heard outside the car. you can even hear it when it's not moving and you're just turning the wheel slightly.. any ideas???

·
Registered
95 Posts
usually the suspension clank he speaks of occurs when turning onto an incline. Like when you pull into a driveway or a parking lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts