Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got an appointment at JD's for a dyno tune!!!! I am excited as I have just been reading many favorable reviews from Hammer and grnenvy about that place. I think that's awesome. From what I have read, it seems that Joe is a very knowledgable guy when it comes to Autologic tuning. I am very excited. I will be having him put in my 2.93 pulley, NGK-TR6's, and BilletFlow idlers before we tune. If anyone has anything to say, support, comments, etc. please chime in. I want to know I am making the right decision in going with JD's!!!!!!! Thanks guys!

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Good luck, remember sacrificing torque for HP in your tune wont necessarily mean your car will be faster :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed. Big time.

Any other members here that have used JD's and have some imput here? I am driving a long way here, I jsut want to know I went with the BEST in the area. I have heard that JD's IS in fact the best, along with PJ's Performance of course:) !!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What additional "tweaks" does JD's do with the Autologic chip? Does he control boost bypass? Disable speed limiters? Disable traction control? I need some info here guys, I want to go into this properly informed ya know what I mean?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Joe's the best. No shortcuts. Has built some real fast cars past and present. Will not sacrifice the motor's safety for a couple more meaningless HP. Does the job right start to finish.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the stuff I like to hear, thanks schweggy. I am very psyched. I sent a PM to HAMMER asking him about JD's as well. Your numbers are IMPRESSIVE to say the least. I like what many people are saying on here about his shop. I want a safe tune too, the difference between 475 and 465rwhp is not worth a blown motor in my opinion.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll let ya know the total bill when I am done on Wednesday. I know it's money for the chip, then the dyno pulls, and any various extra tuning that needs to be done. I expect it to be somewhere in the $700 area, since he is installing my idlers and blower pulley as well.

·
Registered
449 Posts
LET US NO WHAT KIND OF POWER YOU MAKE.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will no doubt, I just wish HAMMER or someone else that has experience with JD's would chime in here...........

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
SolidSnake said:
I will no doubt, I just wish HAMMER or someone else that has experience with JD's would chime in here...........
Don,

Been fishing at Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts. On the way home, I found a dead tick on my arm. I am fairly certain that it died from alcohol poisoning after drinking my blood.

5 guys went up with 20 cases of beer, 2 1/2 gallons of Vodka and 2 1/2 gallons of Burbon. By the 4th morning there were 4 cases of beer left.

Nonetheless, the Bloody Marys at 8 AM while surf fishing and bailing one Striper after another on plugs is something that every man should experience at least once in their lifetime. The Vineyard is a beautiful island!

Don, I'll be at JD's tomorrow when they open. Looks like we'll meet there. You made the right choice. Rest assured and see you tomorrow.

Rich

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hammer,

Thanks for the reply, sorry about the tick, at least it wasn't in your engine(the tick that it). Sorry, bad joke. Anyway, thanks for the replies, and I will look forward to meeting "one of the greats" tomorrow man. Can't wait.

Until then,

Don

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Your car will fly after you get the tune from Joe at JD's. It will be worth the money to know that the car will not be lean and the tune will be safe. I spent a nice dollar with joe but when I hit the throttle I know it won't explode. Good luck.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well guys I just got back and here are the numbers: 458 rwhp SAE and 453 rwtqe SAE with the mods in my sig. I would like to say thank you to Rich(HAMMER), you are a class act man, it was good $hit today man, your car is a monster!!! I'll see ya in TR this summer man, thanks again.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Well guys I just got back and here are the numbers: 458 rwhp SAE and 453 rwtqe SAE with the mods in my sig. I would like to say thank you to Rich(HAMMER), you are a class act man, it was good $hit today man, your car is a monster!!! I'll see ya in TR this summer man, thanks again.
Don,

I am disappointed that I missed the the test drive of your car. You have a good car, it's definately above average mod for mod - and Joe tuned it conservatively for you, with stock timing so you can get used to it and be safe!

I'll PM you my number so you can get invites to Toms River when we go. Look forward to hanging with you guys.

Rich

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hammer, how did you do out there? I had to run, we were there way too long, I was dying. I felt sorry for my buddy. We have been running around all over the state of NJ for the last 2 days. I would guess way over 400 miles. Believe me I wanted a ride in your car too dude, do you charge admission?:D PM me anytime, it will be awesome this summer!!!!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Don,

I am anxious to hit the track this week. I'll be the DSG car with "NO ET" on the window.

:D ;)

Then we'll go on the prowl in Toms River. I got a little something for the non-believers. It's gonna be entertaining.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts