Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stick your hand in your stock intercooler resevior after it has been running for a little while. Hot, isn't it? Then, try this:

-Put a 5-10 gallon fuel cell in the trunk, with screen covering the send line. (Summit Racing).

-Remove pre-installed plugs in the trunk under the carpet, run rubber send and return lines and hose clamps that replace the stock intercooler resevior lines (Auto Zone).

-Use a pump for circulation, with a switch in the glove box wired to acc. (Summit Racing).

-Fill up halfway with water, and dump in a FULL bag of ice or two (Gas Station).

Stick you hand in your new, ice cold intercooler resevior to reducing the swelling on your hand from the stocker. :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
Old News !! Several Cobras have already got this setup. But you need to run existing lines thru cooper tube wound in the 5 gallon Cell to contain the intercooler fluid. This will transfer heat much better than rubber. Also add a drain for when the ice melts !

No need for extra pump the existing pump works fine.

JL

·
Registered
140 Posts
one time i dynoed my car and packed the intercooler with as much ice as i could cram in it..kept feeding it in till the water was cool..not even really cold..was worth 11hp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts