Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just put on the BilletFlow TB on and everthing went great. I will post the pictures tomorow. Its a great peice and the install was a peice of cake, absolutely NO problems. Idle is perfect. The only question I have is when the engine is under load at about 20% throttle I hear a slight high pitch hiss. Like there is a leak somewhere. Sounds almost turbo like. Everything is on tight, nothing loose or anything. Anyone heard of this before? Other than that everything is great, I can really feel a difference. I love it, great job billet flow !

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the help guys. I figured it was nothing serious because the car runs great. I just didn't have experience with this before. Thanks again for the quick responses, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
A lot of the noise is coming from your air filter created by the blower itself sucking air at idle through the idle bypass valve. I did notice on mine that the gaskets were a little thin. I put a thin coating of RTV on both sides of all the gaskets. On the plenum gasket and on the idle bypass valve gasket. This seemed to quiet it down a little bit especially around the idle bypass valve where it was hissing a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts