Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my Glenns performance 1000hp fuel system today. It consists of a rear sump in a new factory cobra tank, which the sump looks top notch and it all stainless steel. I feed line to the pumps is a -10 then there are 2 -6 lines to the front of the car, one from each pump which will feed each rail and 2 lines over to the reg. One -6 line to return back to the tank. I opted for there smooth tank shield which they cut out for the sump and the stainless steel tank straps. I just hope I will not need the triple fuel pump setup but Glens states it will be more than enough to support 800+ to the tire which I I do not expect to come near. If I make 725rwhp I will be shocked!

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
There system is great. But I noticed they have two to choose from. which setup would be good for daily driven? I remember reading something about, a certain tank is no good if there is less than half of tank of gas??

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
There system is great. But I noticed they have two to choose from. which setup would be good for daily driven? I remember reading something about, a certain tank is no good if there is less than half of tank of gas??
The weld on sumps that guys put on stock tanks cause the fuel slosh issues. The Glenn's sumped tank is great for DD use. I daily drive my car during the summer with that tank a 3 255 walbro pumps.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The weld on sumps that guys put on stock tanks cause the fuel slosh issues. The Glenn's sumped tank is great for DD use. I daily drive my car during the summer with that tank a 3 255 walbro pumps.
To add to what schyler said.

If you want a tank that is sumped and that is useful for DD then it needs to have Baffles built into the sump. This is why Glenn's enforce there tank so much over there competition. I was told sumped Aeromotive tanks don't have a baffle. I haven't heard anything about BHB or MMR's tanks whether or not they are baffled, and didn't research it because i was sold on Glenn's Product. I currently have a Sleeper version.

·
Registered
120 Posts
awesome Joe, congrats...

I have the sleeper version here waiting to go on the notch as well, glenns tanks are a work of art.

BTW Joe, what did you decide to do for injectors?

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
As you look through the top of the tank, is there anything besides the 6 holes there that allow the sump to communicate with the rest of the tank??? And are there any other sort of internal baffling/walls?

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 1000hp system is $1,299.00 but I opted for the stainless sump, there shooth shield and the stainless straps which came out to $1,769.00 shipped.

If you look down into the sump you can see the baffling.

I ordered the 80's from toulsey ford.

What I am not sure of is what that white piece of plastic is right where the sender go's.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
The 1000hp system is $1,299.00 but I opted for the stainless sump, there shooth shield and the stainless straps which came out to $1,769.00 shipped.

What I am not sure of is what that white piece of plastic is right where the sender go's.
If you look inside a GT or Mach 1 tank you will see that white piece also its the fuel pump basket.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh so this is not a factory cobra tank, they cut the larger opening in the top for the cobra sender. I is either a GT or Mach tank. That explains that one. Is that basket going to interfere with the Cobra sneder? I would think so.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh so this is not a factory cobra tank, they cut the larger opening in the top for the cobra sender. I is either a GT or Mach tank. That explains that one. Is that basket going to interfere with the Cobra sneder? I would think so.
They are Spectra Premium tanks manufactured in Canada, and the same manufacturer who Aeromotive uses. Glenns just throws there stuff in there. Essentially its a stock tank other than the area that Glenns add, ( sump, baffles, internal pick-up tubes, etc... )

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Canada stamped right on it!

stock4VGT, did you paint or coat your tank? Do you have the stainless sump? I was thinking of painting the tank and not the sump.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts

stock4VGT, did you paint or coat your tank? Do you have the stainless sump? I was thinking of painting the tank and not the sump.
I undercoated my entire tank in a crinkle black finish. Non stainless sump, the black seems to blend in well.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The sump better not rust, it is stainless steel. It sould out live the rest of the tank! I think I am going to undercoat mine as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Cool, do you have a link to their site?

I might go with a setup like this

·
Registered
360 Posts

I have the sleeper tank, so i didn't have to pay extra for the stainless. I paid $430 for the sleeper. I can get some pics of it installed in the car later if ya want. The tank is galvanized and also has some other form of sealer on the inside. My cousin has an aeromotive tank which is manufactured from Spectra Premium and it is not rusting anywhere that i can see. I just purchased the White cover and painted silver to match the car, and couched up the extra cash for the stainless straps as well. Looks real nice.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought about painting the cover but I thought that would be to much blue plus won't it get all mared up since it is the closest thing to the ground?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts