Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant wait to put this badboy on. Showed up today, was in Stock from Precision and only took a few days to get. Anyone looking for a GTS76 I got one for sale mint condition with low miles. :beer: Should be firing it up this week once I finish up my trans swap

·
Registered
443 Posts
Difference?

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Difference?
Its got a billet compressor wheel. Its supposed to outpower their 78mm but spool quicker. This was straight from Precision. They are claiming it will make 40-50hp more @ the same boost level as the standard 76. We shall see.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Looks good can't wait to see what that makes.

What is the price on that turbo compared to the T-76?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Its got a billet compressor wheel. Its supposed to outpower their 78mm but spool quicker. This was straight from Precision. They are claiming it will make 40-50hp more @ the same boost level as the standard 76. We shall see.
Nice! Keep us posted with new #'s:beerchug:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Dyno with the current setup and the new auto, then switch turbos and dyno it again.

That's what Jesus would do.

lol

·
Registered
810 Posts
Outpower the 78mm. Make 40-50hp more at the same boost level as the 76. Isn't that a little two speak.............the 78mm makes 40-50hp more then the 76. I think the general rule of thumb is 50hp per 2mm in size. You suck :thongue2:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good can't wait to see what that makes.

What is the price on that turbo compared to the T-76?
The price actually just went up on them. I think they retail for around 1800-1900 now.

Dyno with the current setup and the new auto, then switch turbos and dyno it again.

That's what Jesus would do.

lol
As much as Id love to do that it would be a pain in the ass to swap it while its on the dyno. I could always go back another day but its still a hassle.

Outpower the 78mm. Make 40-50hp more at the same boost level as the 76. Isn't that a little two speak.............the 78mm makes 40-50hp more then the 76. I think the general rule of thumb is 50hp per 2mm in size. You suck :thongue2:
Dont hate:mad2: lol Precision has been preaching this thing will outpower the 78mm or they would have sold me the 78 instead, they were the same price so its not like it mattered to them. I wish I tested it a few months back when it was offered to me and I would have had hard data on it but I just had alot going on and didnt have time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Subscribing, I am VERY interested in your final results. depending on what you make I may get the same turbo. Just have to sell my turbonetic bb t76 first. My project is pending the results of your project LOL. What exhaust ar did you get?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Subscribing, I am VERY interested in your final results. depending on what you make I may get the same turbo. Just have to sell my turbonetic bb t76 first. My project is pending the results of your project LOL. What exhaust ar did you get?
i am looking at making a turbo jump now too. Any idea what the t-76 BB turbo is worth slightly used?

It the new turbo a BB or Journal bearing turbo. I inquired at a local place about a precision 78 and was told 1400 i believe. So if they make the same power i may just go that route and save 400 bucks.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the only issue I am going to have is I really will not have an accurate comparison with the old turbo to the new. 2 reasons. One I just put an Auto in my car so that is going to affect it a ton compared to my stick #s. 2 my tuner bought a new AWD Mustang Dyno, instead of the 2wd MD we have been using. The #s from the new dyno are much lower then the old one. So it may not make huge #s on paper, but at the track it will show.

I actually took the car for the first ride tonight with the new auto and turbo combo. The car flat out hauls assI couldnt stay into it to much since its cold and traction is not there at all. The power comes on extremely fast with this new combo, nothing like how it was with the stick. It comes on hard and stays there.

Right now Im using a .81 AR on the turbo but waiting for my 96 to come in.

Precision repeatedly claims that the Billet 76 will make more power then the 78.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have some good news I got pumped up and ordered the same turbo from Boost Logic this week

I will be putting the turbo on this weekend I have a local dyno that I just made 655 on 16 lbs.

I am only changing the turbo on the setup now so they will be as close as we can get to a comparison

1 - 20 of 48 Posts