Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm really surprised that Kenne Bell did not include this in their installation instructions. Eventually, I will put up some pictures for reference. Here are the steps:

1. Locate the boost gauge line by opening the glove box, and tugging on the black air line. Have a friend tug back from the engine bay.

2. In the engine bay, this black line is coupled to a red vacuum line with a plastic coupler. Seperate the lines, and remove the plastic coupler holding the lines together.

3. With the plastic coupler removed, cap the red vacuum line off with a rubber cap.

4. The black boost line in the engine bay should hanging free, with a rubber fitting on it. Time to tee into the KB boost line.

5. Locate the thick boost line that the Boost-a-Pump pressure switch is teed into. If you do not have a BAP installed, this thick line is connected to the fuel pressure sender (the last component on the driver's side towards the blower snout).

6. Cut the boost line, and install a tee fitting in the boost line.

7. Run a new rubber line similar in size from the tee to the black boost line on the passenger side near the glove box. The rubber line should be zipped tied to the wire loom on the back side of the firewall.

8. Couple the new rubber line to the black boost line.

9. Enjoy your stock boost gauge. :D

The rubber cap, tee, rubber line, and coupler can all be obtained from a local auto parts store. I used O'Reilly's in Springfield, MO. If anyone has any questions shoot me a PM, or check back here. I will get some pictures up.

Steve

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the overlay? :)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Here is page 2, i can maybe scan page 1 later,
you can see the overlay which is used after removing the pin at the end of the stock needle, the stock one keeps turning to 16+ psi.

Attachments

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, DUH!! I was think about that overlay today after seeing the gauge work again. I should get one of those to see if I am running 13 psi on the money. I took the car up above 6500 RPM and the boost didn't drop off one bit. First time I got to see the Kenne Bell with boost gauge. :D

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Step #1. Locate the boost gauge line by opening the glove box, and tugging on the black air line. Have a friend tug back on the line from the engine bay.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Step #2. In the engine bay, this black line is coupled to a red vacuum line with a plastic coupler. Seperate the lines, and remove the plastic coupler holding the lines together.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Step #3. With the plastic coupler removed, cap the red vacuum line off with a rubber cap.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steps #4-7. Time to tee into the KB boost line.

Locate the thick boost line that the Boost-a-Pump pressure switch is teed into. If you do not have a BAP installed, this thick line is connected to the fuel pressure sender (the last component on the driver's side towards the blower snout).

Cut the boost line, and install a tee fitting in the boost line.

Run a new rubber line similar in size from the tee to the black boost line on the passenger side near the glove box. The rubber line should be zipped tied to the wire loom on the back side of the firewall.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Step #8. Couple the new rubber line to the black boost line.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry about the terrible picture quality fellas. It is the best I can do with a failing digital camera. Hopefully, the instructions and fuzzy pictures are helpful to anyone who would like instructions on connecting their factory gauge to the KB boost lines.

Enjoy. :D

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
My KB did come with instructions and parts on how to connect the stock boost guage to work correctly. I have been running it for over a month at 17# with no problems.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Brian, So did mine, then I lost them. LOL. 03Steve, this couldn't have been posted at a better time, thanks....

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
03snake said:
Brian, So did mine, then I lost them. LOL. 03Steve, this couldn't have been posted at a better time, thanks....
That is what happens when you have your blower sitting around for over a month waiting to go on.:lol

·
Registered
521 Posts
toofast4u said:
That is what happens when you have your blower sitting around for over a month waiting to go on.:lol
Thanks MAN!!!:(

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
toofast4u said:
My KB did come with instructions and parts on how to connect the stock boost guage to work correctly. I have been running it for over a month at 17# with no problems.
The info in my instruction manual stated that the stock boost gauge will not operate and see vacuum when the piping is finished. There must be a revision on the manual. It's all good in the hood. :blob

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
03Steve said:
The info in my instruction manual stated that the stock boost gauge will not operate and see vacuum when the piping is finished. There must be a revision on the manual. It's all good in the hood. :blob
That is due to where they had the hose connecting in the default configuration was before the blower and only saw vacuum. There solution was to remove the connection from behind the blower and put a cap on the fitting. Then T the line on to the vacuum/boost line coming from the 90 degree fitting on the lower mount connecting to the fuel pressure sensor.
It wasn't in the instructions is was a sheet in a secondary packet with a T and cap fitting to do it with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts