Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more less a rant than anything thing else. Bought PI cams from a guy on another board for $120 and the asshole didnt pack them well at all and when I recieved the box from the mailman I could hear them banging together!! Oh well I learned my lesson, dont buy used shit.
:damnit :damnit :damnit :damnit :damnit

Im guessing there isnt anything I can do about it. Its only $120 so I dont really have the time to make a big deal about it, just hope that he uses my money to buy a can of botulism or something.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'd at least ask him about it. He may have insured the package. I know if I'm buying something of this nature from an individual I ask that insurance be placed on the package so there's no hard feeling if the item gets to me damaged. I'm still going to get my money back.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I am a firm believer that when you sell on the internet you put your heart an soul into the product you are selling. damaged goods like that is uncalled for. Get your money back, if he refuses you may want to add him to a Trolls list.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i know you dont want to hear this but most of it will probably polish out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
send them to Crane, get them reground and rumble on!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Insurance doesn't matter if the shipping company deems it as improper packing. Which it sounds like is the case.

cnp24 said:
I'd at least ask him about it. He may have insured the package. I know if I'm buying something of this nature from an individual I ask that insurance be placed on the package so there's no hard feeling if the item gets to me damaged. I'm still going to get my money back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would think he would be willing to reimburse seeing that he would know that he did a crappy packing job

·
Registered
307 Posts
Get your money back and I'll match his price w/ my set of PI cams I want to sell. I won't even charge you for a good packaging job. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
98fastsnake said:
Insurance doesn't matter if the shipping company deems it as improper packing. Which it sounds like is the case.
To me it does matter cause now not only is it his word against yours but his word against yours and the shipping company that he did a sorry packing job.....just more leverage to prove your case and hopefully get your money back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That may be true but it is usually a lot easier to get your money back from a shipping company then it is from a dead beat seller.

cnp24 said:
To me it does matter cause now not only is it his word against yours but his word against yours and the shipping company that he did a sorry packing job.....just more leverage to prove your case and hopefully get your money back.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Do us all a service and post the seller's name. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
98fastsnake said:
That may be true but it is usually a lot easier to get your money back from a shipping company then it is from a dead beat seller.
I agree with you. Thats why I want insurance. So either the shipping company pays for it or they deem it as improperly packaged by the sender and its on him to make it right. Granted if the shipping company is at fault they will pay but with the seller its up to the integrity of the individual.

So, if the seller is at fault I agree with 1Bad281 give the name so no one else gets burned if he doesn't make it right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Who did you buy the cams from? I got my cams from 972vGT on corral. net. Same exact thing happened to me with the damage. He said he would refund half the money if i sent the cams back. I should have got a full refund because he didn’t package them good enough, but I just tried to cut my losses and in the end got burned even more. I am currently waiting for my money, which I will probably never see again. I hate DEADBEATS!!!!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Never buy anything on Ebay or the net unless you can use your credit card. Never pay cash, check, COD, or debit card. If you use your credit card, even if you use it through pay-pal you can stop the charge and get your money back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts