Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we been doing the NMRA season Linn has been doing all the driving and doing a great job learning the car. At the SSOTN nationals I got to drive it down the track for the first time. Being prewarned that if I break it and she couldn't pracitce using the linelock I'd be in the doghouse. So I figured I better take it easy off the line. I slipped the clutch a little and the BFG's bit she booged a little then took off. Man is felt good going down the track. I though the first time I'd do pretty bad till I got the launch down. I was really suprised with a [email protected] et. Let it cool a little and ran another 11.9. I figured I was pressing my luck so I handed the car back to her to make some runs. These cars are so amazing that with a few mods and taking it easy you can run an 11 sec et. We wanted to try the tune we gave Ray in our car but we ran out of time. Maybe next time.

Rick

G

·
Nice going Rick! Smart to let up and let Lynn have her car back in one piece. Cause she will put you in a wheelchair if you break it :D

Hot Rod(Rick's 03 does 9's without his weight in there)Harry :rolleyes:

PS. How the hell does Rick fit in these cars? He must take the drivers seat out and sit in the back seat

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She did real good chad. She has her burnout down pat. You guys should come up to ohio in 2 weeks. We can party with the old geeezer again. Get to watch ole Randy kick some more but.

Rick

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Great job, Rick. Very impressive for the first time down the track. You must have that car dialed in very well, I am glad for you.

Best of luck to both you and Linn with the season. GO GET EM!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice run

Good job Rick. Nice meeting you and Lynn.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You guys should of seen the big ass smile on Ricks face after he ran it lol, something tells me he might be driving that car again.

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
03BlownCobra said:
Did you run those times in your 03 Cobra listed in your Sig?
Yes that's our car Linn is running in Mod Motor class in NMRA in my sig. When Linn gets her lightning and I take the car over I want to run a 10 with just an upper pulley and the eaton. Alot of tweeking and a few months at Jenny Craig hehehe I think it is possible. Then I'll put the new blower on.

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts