Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was nothing major, just get my rear differential leak fixed (which actually turned out to be axle seals in addition to the differential cover), but they had to have an svt inspector look it for them to do work on a cobra ( or at least thats what they told me) they also saw that i had no pulley cover on and asked me if i ever had a chip and/or pulley, i said no i just like how it looked with no cover and i changed the s/c belt. they said they were waiting for the inspector, and the tech was out to lunch. hour later tech calls me back says the rear is covered under the warranty, they are just waiting on the axle seals to come in so they can finish it, and they just have to fix the control panel on the seat. what i did last night was reload the original backup from my predator, took off my racing numbers, and cleaned all of the rubber from the wheel wells and surrounding area. looks like it worked, now i will just get my car back monday, load up the predator again and i will be back in business, i am so glad i waited for this instead of getting a chip.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i didnt want take it in, but i had to since i could not fix it myself. plus i had some other stupid stuff, the seat and my windows squeak like crazy. but when i asked the service advisor to fix my windows he said "squeaks are only covered up to 12k" i was like WTF?? so whatever, the tech came out looked at my car, was like don't worry i will fix the windows, it only takes 2 seconds anyway. tech was a real cool guy. and you could just say that the pulley is technically a ford part, your stock pulley malfunctioned and when you went to get a replacement they gave you a lightning snout by accident. these things do happen. on the serious side, where does it sound like the pop is coming from? when you are driving or just backing up/moving slow up driveways? my rear used to make sounds, but when i installed the bushings and torqued everything down to spec, i haven't had a peep since. and i have seen a bunch of posts saying that their bolts weren't torqued down to the proper spec, causing that pop.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Mine pops when I pull in driveways and go over bumps at an angle.

I also have a clunk when I shift, normal driving.

I know the passenger seat rubs the door panel, and that squeaks, but besides that my door panel does not fit flush. I have to shut the passenger door kinda hard to get it to shut properly.

The bezel around the stereo rattles like a mofo too.

And at 75-80, my car has a vibe, and that makes everything sqeak and the rear view mirror shake.

·
Registered
388 Posts
when i called and asked questions about warranty at ford they asked how many miles i had, and i say 46k, they hung up on me. how rude! i could have had extended warranty :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
sweet...

that you got your warranty work done with the predator on... I was reading the manual, but was wondering if anyone else knew off hand... does the predator tell you what your A/F is and chart it?

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Re: sweet...

numbaonestunna said:
does the predator tell you what your A/F is and chart it?
Our factory O2's are not wideband sensors, therefore the only device that can tell you your true a/f ratio is a real wideband, the kind that is at a Dyno, or the kind you can purchase and use yourself, such as an FJO, www.fjoracing.com. However, the Predator reads your O2 voltages and fuel trims, which you can somewhat correlate to a round about a/f reading.

Sincerely...

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Re: sweet...

numbaonestunna said:
does the predator tell you what your A/F is and chart it?
Our factory O2's are not wideband sensors, therefore the only device that can tell you your true a/f ratio is a real wideband, the kind that is at a Dyno, or the kind you can purchase and use yourself, such as an FJO, www.fjoracing.com. However, the Predator reads your O2 voltages and fuel trims, which you can somewhat correlate to a round about a/f reading.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts