Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GP will be for the first 100 idlers sold. The GP price is $149.95 Shipped!!! This is a true bolt on. They will start shipping Wensday. Here is a pic on the Idler with a 2.70 pulley, look at the belt wrap.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Rick, is there any need to change belts with this? Currently have a 74" with the 2.80.....

·
Registered
260 Posts
hmmmm what brand upper is that?? why does it have 6 bolts holding it to the hub? mine only has 2..... whats up with that?

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bo so far what I seen is that you must add 1" to the belt with the new idler. 1/2" maybe but will be extremely hard to get on.

I'm changing MFG's on my pulleys because the old vendor could not keep up with the demand. The new pulleys has black oxide blasted grooves for less slip. Testing on my car now.

So far this combo has zero slip. I'm gonna keep a eye on it because I have a 74.5" on it now and it may loosen up.

Rick

·
Registered
521 Posts
Rick, I've heard of guys using 73.5" with the 2.80. I may be ok with 74" and the idler setup. When I order I'll pick up a 74.5" just to be safe....

G

·
I have a 2.80 upper with a 100mm SFP pulley on the BilletFlow Idler Mod, and 100mm SFP still on the lower Idler...just makes a nice clean entrance to the new Billet area. I am using a 74 inch belt and it goes on very easy as long as you make the lower idler the last to wrap the belt over. Just slips right on...nice and tight...no slip at all.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts