Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story of my dealings with GMS

So I take a cruise in the coupe up to Oriely's to buy some energy suspension sway bar links. As Im leaving I gas it to shoot across the intersection, I hear a lil bang and then it starts sounding like my tailpipe is rubbing on the tire. Pull over and look...nope not the exhaust. So I take back off and as I hit a bump I can hear it worse, and worse, tire smoking all kinds off ****. Back to the side of the road and then I see it..

Trash ass **** has bent and is causing the rear to rub on the front of the fenderwell.

How it should be

Oh, and after I talk with GMS they tell me they can't do anything cause it falls on the company I bought them from. TRASH ASS ****. How could Summit be responsible for GMS's trash???? Who's gonna pay for my tire???

This is because I knew the tubular ones of theres had broken before, and I thought I was safe with these.

·
Registered
67 Posts
holy crap, how is there SO much rust under that car, what do u do drive thru lakes in that thing? what year car is this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No bags those are stock isolaters I believe. Also only the pass side let go, they are supposed to look like that I think....Hard to say being as though they don't make these anymore for some strange reason.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
No Freak'n way - Go to our website, do you biggest best search and you will be hard pressed to find Granatelli Arms like the one in your picture. Your pictures are date stamped 02/12/09. This leads everyone to believe you just purchased these parts -How could that be? - When you called us to ask for help Nick in returns asked for a copy of a receipt - Show me a receipt - We have not sold an aluminum lower control arm in over 4 years. The instructions below show the last date of sale as Oct 17 2004 and they did not have a huge window in the middle - You are missing the support plates that were in the center. It is hard to help a customer when they are not honest

http://www.musclemotors.com/gmsinstall/Ford Lower Control Arms - Fox Body.pdf

·
Registered
472 Posts
Looking at the specularity of the metal cut on the insides of those arms, it appears they were resently cut/machined. Did somebody try some weight reduction? :dunno2:

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
JR at Granatelli stands behind their products, he'll take care of it personally, he helped me with a part once, best customer service, instead of just saying too bad, he replaced the part.

·
Registered
244 Posts
There was a guy on Modular Depot that had the same thing happen a couple years back. Go search it in the suspension section, it's a good read. Granatelli did the same thing, claimed they weren't his, then said they might be his with missing support plates. Do yourself a favor and throw them in the trash.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I also remember that.
Same failure of the same part in the same place.
POS design.
Get Steedas, much better quality, and they design and build their own,
and do not make infeior copies of others' products.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
There was a guy on Modular Depot that had the same thing happen a couple years back. Go search it in the suspension section, it's a good read. Granatelli did the same thing, claimed they weren't his, then said they might be his with missing support plates. Do yourself a favor and throw them in the trash.
I did not say the parts did not coming from GMS. This customer already said he purchased from Summit Racing. We said we have not sold them in 4 years. We called Summit and they have no record of selling that parts number to anyone for 4 years either. I am not sure where these parts came from or what swap meet but they did have the center support plates when they were shipped from GMS - so why is it that customers remove them

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I also remember that.
POS design.
Ya OK - You say they don't make inferior copies so you must mean they make superior copies - in any case they copy product - case in point UPR parts

·
Registered
244 Posts
No Freak'n way - Go to our website, do you biggest best search and you will be hard pressed to find Granatelli Arms like the one in your picture.
Well when you type things like this it 'appears' you are denying the arms are GMS.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Where's the OP with a copy of the receipt? I'd like to know, for sure, where they came from.

To the OP: Just throw them away and chalk it up to learning experience.

To Elisa: I think you're right. I don't think people realize just how many vendors buy their stuff from the same wholesaler. It all looks the same because usually it IS the same. :D

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I also remember that.
POS design.
:rofl2:

granatelli and upr are about the 2 biggest no no's in mustang suspension parts.

maximum motorsports, steeda, or QA1 FTW!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have not found a company yet that produces a product that doesn't squeek, rattle , clunk or clank including Steeda... Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Really? Why exactly are the no-no's?
because UPR's suspension components rarely fit as they should, you have to do a crap load of modication and fabbing your own stuff just to get it to work. I used to maintain a mustang parts website in Bonner Springs, KS for a mustang parts store, I can't tell you the number of peopel who bought UPR Suspension junk, tried to install it, then ended up returning it and going with MM or QA1 or other brands.

As for the Granatelli's, I've seen numerous forums where people are complainging about them snapping on the track, and how they have low quality control arms.

http://forums.mustangworks.com/f8/granatelli-lower-control-arms-junk-25661/

I've also personally seen a couple 5.0's in KC that were running at KCIR, have snapped LCA's while running on the track and been advised numerous times not to buy from Granatelli.

As for their other products, all you have to do is google, and you can see quite a few complaints from people.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/power-adders/30851-dont-buy-granatelli.html

http://forums.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=15200&sl=f

http://forums.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=15198&sl=f

http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?t=47135

http://mach1mustang.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7484

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=696981&highlight=Granatelli

I could go on forever, because the links and complaints on this stuff is unreal. It's one thing to have an isolated issue here and there, but when when people all over are complaining about the same product, common sense says stay away.

MM or Steeda is the way to go for control arms.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Holy Rust Bucket Batman!!!

I fail to see how a 4+yr old part failing is JR's fault??

Their sure is complaints about JR on the web, but there are also alot of complaints from people on other manufacturers.

Also the biggest coverage is given to the biggest whiners and people who bitch the loudest.

I've seen 100 people buy a video card for a computer and one guy complains loud enough.. everyone wants to return their video card... The same goes with auto parts and just about everything else out there.

1. Part hasn't been made for over 4+ years
2. Part is apparently missing some sort part that wasn't installed

I'm sure if this guy provides a reciept to prove purchase from Summit or GMS recently, that JR would jump at the chance to replace it but something is fishy in tuna town.

As for copied designs... hell I look at Steeda, BMR, GMS and whoever the hell else that makes/sells suspension stuff and half that shit looks the same if not identicle to the competitor. There are also, only so many ways to design a part. I'm just surprised there aren't tons of copyright infringement cases between all these companies.

example... Front swaybar endlinks - I can't tell you how many companies that make them for the S197 and almost all of them look identicle.

I've met JR and he went out of his way to drop off parts to me in a parking lot on his time, not company time. He's been fast in correcting problems that have popped up on several parts and getting people replacements.

JR's a good guy.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
:rofl2:

granatelli and upr are about the 2 biggest no no's in mustang suspension parts.

maximum motorsports, steeda, or QA1 FTW!
:wacko: WHAT! Steeda? Copy King - They are no better then anyone else they take others designs and make a few miute cosmetic changes and market them as their own - Anyting you accuse GMS or UPR of you may as well through Steeda in there as well.

And QA-1 - Their K-members are a 100% copy of the Granatelli part. We gave them to the part to copy in '2000

Factually you are misspoken

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.