Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got the car tuned by Joe today at JD"s. My last tune was performed by Jim D @ JDM. The tune that he put on the car was awesome and the car made lots of pwr. 477hp and 477 torque. That was with exhaust, lightening pulley, 12 inch filter, Custom super chip, T-body and intake, and Idler. The car now with the awesome Auto-Logic tune by Joe is making 490 hp and 510 torque. The only 2 thing that I changed was I went to the 2.80 pulley and I don't know how much it helped because it was slipping on the dyno. We also installed the new kenny bell boost-a-spark because I had spark blow out. It helped the car make a little more pwr but not what we were hoping for(5) hp at the wheels if that. The car will make more pwr with new plugs but I was running out of time so we stopped for the day. We had to turn the spark up to make up the differance for bad plugs. The car will make 500hp and 520 torque with new plugs. Just think no noisey headers and no lower pulley. Thanks Joe! Your a real tuner

·
Registered
459 Posts
GRNENVY said:
Just think no noisey headers and no lower pulley. Thanks Joe! Your a real tuner
Nice numbers!! STD or SAE? And are you saying you did that w/ factory log manifolds? Jerry

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
What kind of boost did your car make also running any idlers or noticing any belt slip up top??

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
7DMACH1 said:
JD'S always uses SAE. RAY
Not true, Ray. Joe uses both SAE and STD. Numbers could be either.

Irregardless, tune looks awesome and numbers are great. There's no denying Joe's tuning abilities as one of the best.

Congrats.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a billet-flow Idler on the car with a tight belt and I still have slippage. The dyno numbers are SAE also. The tune is very conservative and safe due to pump gas. If I would have told Joe to squeeze every last bit out of it I think it would have made a little more.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
What else can U do to stop the slip up top?? Other than no slip pulley??

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not worried about the slip the car is fast enough for me. If you want to do a lower I would go with a 3.10 upper and a 2 or 4 pound lower, that would fix the slip problem. The car ran mid 11 without this kind of pwr, now I have to get it to the track again.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Be interesting to see what the car will mph with your new tune, Finicky's new tune from Rick seems to be Hot with his car trapping in the 124's with just an upper and bolt on's!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts