Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jumped in the car to go to work this morning. When i took off noticed i heard a big RUMMPPP RUMPP sound almost like I had a flat tire. I turn arround and head back to my driveway, I can steal hear the damn thing! I open the door and turn my head out the other way while the car is moving swiftly down the road, and its LOUD! Sounds like my driver side rear coilover is maybe the culprit. If i could give you a discription, sounds like a lose spring, or shock.. Atleast my car gets paid off in 3 days. :dumb:

Rear end mods
- - - -
Level 5's
Bruce's IRS bushing kit
MM rear coilovers

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Sounds like a rear wheel bearing. Jack up the side that makes noise and check for end play in the bearing and check the axle nut for 250 ft-lbs torque.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
There has been several threads here about level 5 axles eating hub bearings.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wont be able to pull it all apart for a few weeks. EEEEK! School and work are keeping my busy. I'll keep you guys posted whenever I get around to it. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If you are chewing up the hub bearing, you may not have very long before the rollers bearings fall out, your rear wheel (s) toe out and it breaks the axle at the splines.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No bieno. Good thing its not my daily. God I romp on it one night i go joyriding, and park it for a week and start it up and this happend?!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yep, sounds like you have a bad wheel bearing.
I had it happen to me with my level 5's too :mad2:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the money you pay for these, you would think maybe the wheel hubs they supply would be suitable? Wonder why we dont buy american made majority of the time... lol

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
According to Bruce, one of the main reasons the hub bearings go out is because the axle nut comes loose. Hard to understand how a nut torqued to 250 ft-lbs comes loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.