Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed some Gt500 mufflers couple weeks ago.

everything went well and no leaks from the clamps..

however there is a terrible leak coming from the rt side muffler area. sounds like it is coming from the weaphole / drain on the back of the muffler.

no leak noise at idle or neutral rev's.. sounds terrrible when driven hard though.

checked it again today. everything tight, adjusted the mufflers trying to find a "sweet spot".. no luck yet

contemplating welding that weap hole shut... opinions??

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The volume of air coming from the RT weaphole is considerably more than the left side. can hear the air rushing out on the rt side and lt side is silent.

Going to get a buddy to help me work with them again later this week and see if some odd install issue but starting to wonder if there is a problem inside the actual muffler assy.

Bought them from americanmuscle wonder if they will exchange them.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the more i think about this the more i tend to believe this is an internal muffler issue. dont see how the volume of air would be greater on the rt side than the left...

what are the chances i got a bunk muffler?

· The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,319 Posts
the more i think about this the more i tend to believe this is an internal muffler issue. dont see how the volume of air would be greater on the rt side than the left...

what are the chances i got a bunk muffler?
I had a Bad Roush Muffler,,They took it back...The right side had something loose inside..

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took the car to Auto Adreneline performance ( awesome people btw) to check it out and make sure im not crazy.

sure enough they heard it as well. he verified its not a installation issue and definantly coming from the rt side muffler area.

rattles from approx 3k rpm and up.

getting some documentation from them tomorrow and will try my luck with American Muscle on getting it exchanged out. hopefully its not a disaster..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.