1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
WOW! Can't wait to see it done.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Getting close to fire up just posting a couple tease pics for now.
I have been waiting for someone to do this for 6 damn years:thanks::dancing: I need your guidance brother as I have been wanting to pull the trigger on this 2010 GT500 engine for my 01 GT for so long. I swapped in a 99 Teksid block but blew a plug and that was just enough of an excuse for my wife to leave me be as the car has been sitting in the garage for a yr.

I know I would need a tubular K member and coilovers. What about motor mounts and clearing that oil filter? Did you have to go remote? Talk to me bro I am READY to do it yesterday!!!

A320PYLT

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yeah... This thread is almost 2years old...
Well I have been searching for info but using the the search "gt500 engine in sn95". Today I did a search using gt500 engine in new edge and found this. I am betting its the same car. I just need the basic info as we can all see that it fits. Motor mounts, if any one tube kmember is better for the swap than another, oil filter relocation or if its necessary. The wire looks good but cant tell its he used the ford racing control pack. That beats the hell out of what I did with my cobra swap and extending wires to run off the 2v ECU. I got is professionally tuned and it ran great until it blew that plug.

A320PYLT

·
Registered
323 Posts
I listed most of the problems needing to be address here. But feel free to ask me any questions.
Ok I dont see them are the problems you encountered on another thread? I want to tell you that you did a great job getting that in there. What kmember did you use? Did you have to relocate that oil filter too? I watched the video but I cant tell for the love of GOD if you ran cable throttle or did the control pack. If you did not use the control pack what method did you use for wiring her up?? I know I will come up with more later but I am getting too excited right now so I need to chill for a moment:>)

A320PYLT

·
Registered
323 Posts
Here is a link with more detail

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/192811-GT500-Build-in-a-SN95?highlight=Gt500+swap

I used UPR k member and yes oil filter is relocated. The car is still running the factory computer setup I just made up a engine harness. Yes it is still cable T/B.

Hope this helps
Ok i am going to order the UPR tomorrow. I sent you a PM on what I am getting in terms of parts. Basically a complete car with all plumbing. I saw photos and they are very helpful and I will refer back to them often. I am still stuck on if I should wire to my 2v or just buy the control pack. I would certainly be cheaper to use my 2v ECU . What was the issue with your pwr steering resv? I saw that you modified a part to make that work.

Thx

A320PYLT

·
Registered
323 Posts
Here is a link with more detail

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/192811-GT500-Build-in-a-SN95?highlight=Gt500+swap

I used UPR k member and yes oil filter is relocated. The car is still running the factory computer setup I just made up a engine harness. Yes it is still cable T/B.

Hope this helps
Very close now to project start. Engine and tranny are on the way went with t56. UPR K with 1/2 in spacers, Energy suspension mounts (red) just because. Moroso oil filter relocation part. Ford racing single blade throttle (still need to figure out the cable situation).

I think I can take my harness and extend it like i did for the GT to cobra swap. I will have to figure out something for the oil gauge as it appears as if the sending unit is on that bracket that can not be used.

Now my plan is to run e85 but gonna need to beef up my fuel system and get some 80lb injectors. I am really looking fwd to this build and will be selling my 99 cobra engine and tranny here soon. Only put about 6k on that motor and got it brand new.

A320PYLT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts