Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my GT500 and the first thing I've noticed is the gears seem a little loose compared to my GT.

The trans changes gears just fine and it doesn't have any issues or anything, but it's kind of sloppy shifting into a gear. The shifter has a lot of play even when it's in gear.

Anyone coming from a GT notice the same thing? Or should I have this looked into?

The car has 45 miles on it so it's basically brand new, but I wanted to make sure it's a normal characteristic of the transmission and not some problem.

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
I never used the stock shifter but installed a Pro 5.0 along with my 6060 swap. It feels just like the Pro 5.0 I had with my 5 speed.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks guys just wanted to make sure there wasn't something more serious going on.

Do you still have the stock shifter Eric?

·
Registered
281 Posts
BTW there might be a TSB out on your car depending on the build date so you might want to look into that! if the clutch hisses on the way down as you try to oput it in geat then you get a FREE clutch, plate, shaft etc on FORD. Check it out I've had the warranty work done now on 2 of the 4 I have.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't hiss on the way down, but it does hiss when I let out the clutch.

Is that the same thing?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Try to push on the shifter to 3rd before you push in the clutch, not too hard but hard enough to put some force on it, then insert the clutch, at the bottom of the push you should hear a hiss. try it a couple of times but make sure you try to put it in gear BEFORE you depress the pedal. Hiss on the way out is normal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts