Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 03 Cobra engine overhauled recently and I’m very happy with it . He did an amazing job. When he was almost complete i asked if he would put an MMR pan on . Well turns out i absolutely hate it. I scrape it a lot , and my oil level never reads on my dipstick which drives me crazy. Anyway i have my K member off to do my headers and i decided to go back to a stock pan which should be here tomorrow. I’m not a racer , it’s just a cruiser with a KB on it and some other upgrades but nothing crazy . Now, when my builder built the engine he put a GT500 windage tray on ( the type that doubles as a gasket ) , my question is can i still use the GT500 windage tray while going back to a stock oil pan???? I know i have to adjust the height of the pickup tube , and i can see he did trim the windage tray a bit to clearance the pickup tube already , my main concern is if i can still safely use this windage tray going back to stock. Thank you

·
Registered
89 Posts
You should have zero issues with the pan and windage tray. Myself and many others are currently running the same setup with zero issues. As you mentioned with the change in pickup height some minor trimming may be required to clear the pickup tube.

Reactions: Slap Happy

·
Administrator
9,358 Posts
Tommy (96slowbra) hit the nail square on the head. This should be a no problem upgrade other than a little triming of the pickup tube opening in the tray and you are good to go.

Ed

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I've used this setup several times. You will have to remove the "scoops" in the front of the pan. Those where the original scrapers and are no longer needed. They will hit he new tray/gasket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've used this setup several times. You will have to remove the "scoops" in the front of the pan. Those where the original scrapers and are no longer needed. They will hit he new tray/gasket.
Thank you for that info!!!! Can i message you if i have questions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts