Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to setup my car for a good all around car. It will eventually be a weekend only car and I am trying to decide what gears/blower combo to go with. I am planning on P&Ping a set of '98 GT heads, PI exhaust valves, modmax springs, and either the '99+ GT cams or the new crower billet cams on both choices. Here are the choices:

1. P&P SVO Intake to match the heads, 4.10 gears, with a Vortech V2-SQ at 7lbs to start out with.

2. Allen Engine Development roots blower, 3.73 gears with at 9lbs of boost to start with.

I am wanting to build the rear-end up after the first of the year so hence the dilemma. Can you guys help me pick and please try and support your choice. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I would personally do the Strim.You have more potential down the road.
We made 611rwhp with a Strim on a 2valve..That enough support for you?:D

Good luck with which ever you decide..

Tim

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey guys. Theres no question in my mind that the S-trim would be the best setup for what he wants to do. But, what gear setup should he go with since he is going to do that after the new year. I personally recommend the 4.10's on a S/C engine, but since it's not going to be a daily driver, do you think he should go with something taller than 4.10's? Thats what I would do if I didnt have a daily/highway driver. What do the rest of you think?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts