Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the fastest ET is for a stock blower, bolt on car is? Just curious.

Thanks Sean

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I know some of the big shops have been into the 10's, and some of the board members have as well.

Ive been [email protected] on just bolt on's and upper pulley

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have run 10.8s @ 128 granny shifting but the car just has so much more. :banghead

Sean

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
MAS Racing said:
Thanks. I have run 10.8s @ 128 granny shifting but the car just has so much more. :banghead

Sean
I am Impressed,,,,:jawdrop Granny Shifting no less:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
MAS Racing said:

Sean
what kinda heaton are you using and what kinda other power adder??

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
MAS is that a Nitrous pass?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That pass was done with pullys, longtubes, prochamber, mac catback, et streets,and a 50 shot. (no throttle body no meter on a stock clutch) and this is all done with a really conservitive tune and a 10:0 A/F.

Thanks Sean

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
MAStang said:
That pass was done with pullys, longtubes, prochamber, mac catback, et streets,and a 50 shot. (no throttle body no meter on a stock clutch) and this is all done with a really conservitive tune and a 10:0 A/F.

Thanks Sean
The key words being... and a 50 shot.

Good run still. Dry or wet kit?

JT

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
My 10.97 pass was all boost. Pulleys,longtubes, exhaust, TB, JLP air kit, JLP chip and Drag radials, Spec clutch but mine broke at 2000 miles couldn't help that, but eveything else is stock from the shifter to the bushings in the rear, pump gas tune also so it was conservative. My shot of nitrous is coming soon and I'm shooting to be the Heaton in the 9's.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Jerry said:
What happened to your SPEC clutch?
I think that what F8lbite is saying is that his stock clutch went at 2000 miles so he had no choice but to do a replacement. Still, I highly doubt he'd have run that well on stock clutch.

F8lbite, you got a Vortech icebox too, don't you?

What kind of nitrous shot do you think that you'll need to pick up a full second on the ET? Could it possibly be safe for the car?

MAS Racing, if you went 10.80 @ 128 MPH on Eaton and a 50-shot, then you have defied all boundaries and limitations that we have known for the 03 Cobra.

If I were you, I'd post a timeslip or video. Expand on your mods. I think that there is a heavy shroud of doubt as to the accuracy of your claim.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I have to disagree Hammer. Although there is no timeslip or video for that pass, broke7 has run 11.2x at 122 or 123 with just the upper and other bolt ons of course. He would be right in that 10.8 range at high 120's with a shot of juice I think. I have always believed that these cars with the heaton and juice were well capable of mid to high tens at high 120's with juice. Just wish more people that knew how to drive there car would throw down some nitrous!! I plan on doing it this winter. You just gotta get that good launch (1.7 or 1.8) and then spray at the right time where you can keep your traction, and tens are possible. Hell, f8lbite did it without nitrous! Just wish we had other people trying to get tens with the eaton instead of just jumping ship and going with another blower.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
sambandit said:
I have to disagree Hammer. Although there is no timeslip or video for that pass, broke7 has run 11.2x at 122 or 123 with just the upper and other bolt ons of course. He would be right in that 10.8 range at high 120's with a shot of juice I think.
Sam, you make a good point. Yes, there are some 'out of the ordinary' impressive cars for what they are. Broke7 and F8lbite are specifically the two that I know of. Also, we are probably talking about very rare, optimal weather conditions (mine shaft air or Alaska weather). We all know that blower car performance is dictated by weather conditions.

But both of them ran 122-ish range, which makes sense. And some have run amazing MPH but with less ET (due to wheel spin, etc). But I think that big MPH AND low ET (like 10.80 @ 128) requires more power than an Eaton with a 50-shot can do.

I'm not saying it's BS, I'm saying that it sounds like a stretch. I'd like to see the run or the timeslip.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
The difference from great air to just good cool air is about 3mph..
This fall a lot of the low 12sec cars will run high 11's and the mid 11sec cars can run low 11's..

HEATON NEEDS COOL AIR

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Did you know that Ford was going to use the Eaton 90??instead of the 112!!!!
That would of been even worse.....
Why not an Eaton 140??

·
Registered
282 Posts
Jimmy, I saw the comment about using the Eaton M90 in the new SVT book. Unbelievable! The M90 barely had enough for the 6 cyl T-bird SC. I'm with you, the 140 would have been great with a huge pulley and then let us do what we want... ;)

Take care,

Kevin

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I agree Hammer, A pic or vid would speak volumes. I don't know if these are extraordinary drivers of if the rest of us just suck, or if the cars are something special. Hard to tell.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Never heard of it as reffered to as "mine shaft" air, but you could call it that now, but not in the summer. The air when I went [email protected] was far from that on that day. It was in the mid to high 80's and the DA was in the 1700-2100 ft area depending on how you gaged it.

The biggest gains I saw all year were in last august I got a day in the low 50's, overcast and the car went [email protected] on a 1.80 60ft. The car was really makin more power that day but just woldnt hook up like I wanted in 1-2. Its amazing what a good "clean" flawless pass will net in MPH and ET. Im talkin no shift boggles and high 1.6 60ft. To gage it against my other run stats below

[email protected] run on a 1.64 60ft = [email protected] in the 1/8th

[email protected] run on a 1.80 60ft = 7.40 @ 98.6 1/8th

The car was makin almost 2mph in the 1/4 and 1mph at the 1/8th and made up about 16 hundreths from halftrack on and only came up 2 hundreths short of my best.

Im with you guys, my car has went way beyong my expectations of what I thought it would of done. Im exstactic.

I have witmessed it myself. The late Sonic03 or Alasan Assasin had his 03 Snake and the best he could drive it was [email protected] on a 1.78 60ft. The car had been ran 3 times in a row, he came around gave me the keys. I jumped in and went [email protected] on a pretty straight and clean pass, the car had more to had outa the 60ft. Driver vs driver 5 tenths and 3mph difference.

In the end yes heat does play a role, and good DA is gonna help anycar, but if you can keep these things in boost, and get out of 60ft and the 330ft mark well, it will run the ET's and MPH.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I agree broke, I think it's mostly the driver. I've got mph more than anyone around here because nobody will powershift!!! You gotta do that in these cars to go low ET and high MPH for that matter!! That's why few people are in the 120's, lack of skills. I personally think just about any pullied, cai, exhaust, etc.. cobra should be in or damn close to the 120's. Just gotta drive the mutha..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts