Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys broke them?
How much for repair?Stock Shafts or Upgrade's..
Price of Half shafts??
I can get upgraded half shafts for about $600 from Mustang Magic..

·
Registered
459 Posts
No breakage yet on my stock ones:

1 pass on stock F1s,
5 passes on 315 Nitto DRs on 10.5" AFS wheels
5 passes on 11.5" ET Streets on 7.5" GT wheels

I have the Amazon upgraded shafts sitting in the box, $820. How do they compare to the ones from Mustang Magic?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Amazon upgraded shafts sitting in the box, $820. How do they compare to the ones from Mustang Magic?

I was told they are the same..

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I have the Amazon Half-Shafts....

Honestly they look weaker when put next tot eh stock ones...they are actually alot thinner...but of course the whole purpose of the Amazon ones is the material and believe they are heated to be stronger..

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Funny you should mention it, Jim. I broke one tonight. I'm gonna start a thread about it now.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Buddy

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Broke a stock one this past Spring after 30 or so passes and lots of hop. Bought upgraded ones from
The Driveshaft Shop for $549 + the assembly fee ( I forget how much) + shipping. I've made 50 or more passes on those with a lot more power to the rear wheels and they're holding up so far. I still have some hop (installed bushings/shocks), but not as much so it's hard to compare.
btw...DSS customer service was awesome and the shafts came fully assembled, ready to pop in place.

Link to DSS

·
Eaton Warrior
2,948 Posts
I HAVE 30 SOME PASSES ON MINE WITH ET STREETS, I LAUNCH AT 6200RPM. I DONT GET ANY WHEEL HOP THOUGH.

·
Registered
281 Posts
This might be a big issue for me pretty soon about the IRS. I am probably going to go KB in the next month or so (Strictly Pro). Just saying that you would want to keep the IRS with the KB. What is the best set up you can run, as in changing shafts, bushings, shocks, ect so that you won't have the problems of braking parts on the IRS. I know that there is alot of aftermarket parts for the IRS but are they really worth the money to spend. I already have an 8.8 just in case. But would like to get some feedback about what you guys would suggest about making the IRS stronger or better for more power.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My brother broke one of mine the first time he tried to lauch my car. They had maybe 6 passes on them. Replaced with stock. Ran about 50 more passes (very little hop, light launch, 2.1-2.3 60's). Went to Nittos. Broke my Diff in half. Halfshafts were fine. Made about 50 more passes and broke all kinds of $hit, but the halfshafts are still good. Making "no hop" launches, slipping the clutch, running 1.8-2.0 60's. Now my hubs are going out. Going to torque them down this weekend. Halfshafts are still fine though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
casper03 said:
This might be a big issue for me pretty soon about the IRS. I am probably going to go KB in the next month or so (Strictly Pro).
Casper who are you.....................Just trying to put a face with the name.
Chill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts