Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be testing a replacement setup made for us maybe by next week. We found out the halfshafts are much larger on the 03's then the earlier models of coarse but the problem is at the CV joint. They neck the shaft down at that point to go into the oem CV joint and this is where they break.
The solution we're manufacturing is a entire replace unit which includes extreme duty CV joint w/cage and boot, extreme duty halfshafts that are not tapered at the end and a new inner joint and boot. This kit will be complete from one end to another and a true bolt in. I will post more details in the vendor section when I get prices and availability.

Rick

G

·
Thanks for the info...I knew about the axles being bigger than the previous Cobra's. I just thought it was the material they were made out of that wasnt up to par. Let us know how things go with some 5000 rpm launches with slicks. That will be the tell tale factor.

Its a good move on your part to offer them as a whole beefed up unit. Way to go.

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right Harry. We look at where the haftshafts neck down at the CV joint. So when we replaced the CV joint we made sure it's id was the same as the shaft. Being a cheaper grade of steel the stock shafts always break right at that point. I we just replaced the shaft itself the CV and cage would be the next weakest link. I will be testing these units with 28x10 hoosiers. Will keep everybody informed.

Rick

·
Registered
618 Posts
Keep us posted rick I am personally very interested in this mod!!!:)

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya you'll need them Matt. Of coarse running 135 mph in the 1/4 on f-1's I don't know if I would change anything. hehehe. There is something in the WORKS for our new 03 if ya know what I mean. hehehe

Rick

·
Registered
618 Posts
I hear ya Rick congrats on the Red Fire 03, it will be a great test bed to go along with the diablo colors,and Amazon Racing's colors. I know what you mean by something in the WORKS is coming, let me know I won't be afraid to switch, because I belive in the potenial of both. Maybee I''l go buy a convetiable and throw the weaker of the two on that:D . Thanks for adding me to the list for the Halfshafts. I'm getting excited.

Just to give people a hint of what is in the WORKS:jawdrop
There will be alot of that!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts