Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing my P1SC. I bought it used and it came with a Greddy Type S blow off valve. At idle the car is seeing only 10 inches of vacuum and it will not open the valve. I adjusted it all the way out and it opens just a tad. My tuner said he may be able to raise the idle. Its also running really really rich since i havent gotten it tuned. What are my options? I dont have the stock bypass. The car is supposed to get tuned tommorow. Will it be ok to run like this. When you give it gas and let off it does open. Only at idle im getting low vacuum. Anywhere from 1200 up it will open. Willl i be ok?

Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
Why do you only have 10 psi vaccum? You should have more.
Make sure you dont have any vaccum leaks as they will cause low readings and a rich condition. Bypass valves can be damaged if you push the valve open manually, they should be opened only with vaccum and must be repaired if pushed in manually because it inverts the diaphram.
Pull a vaccum test to see if the diaphram is leaking, if it is that will cause a loss of boost and vaccum and prevent the valve from opening

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My low vacuum (from what i have been told) was due to my SHM cams.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are the 495/230 cams i belive the seperation is 113 or 114

1 - 5 of 5 Posts