Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 GT with a Reinhart vortech kit on it, and full exhaust. I had the car tuned at Mustang Magic where it was making pretty low numbers for my mods (350's with 14* timing) So we added timing and we were able to get 375 out of it (STD) with 16.5*. The day of the tune after getting on it a bit I heard what sounded like a miss. So I pulled all the plugs and they were fine, I then did a compression test and all cylinders came back fine, lowest being 175 and highest being 190. Anyway, I changed the plugs and the miss is gone most of the time, but I can sometimes here what sounds like it again.

After this I got nervous and decided to take the half degree back out of it and go to 16*. I brought my car to the tuner and had him do that as well as address the P0175, and P0172 codes that the car was throwing. We put the chip back in the car and when I got home the car was throwing the same two codes again. Never had this happened before the tune. My fuel pressure is also all over the place. It starts at 30 when I start the car, but after a few minutes of driving its at 50 and bouncing all the way to 70 when I let off the throttle. I have moistness in the tailpipes, and the car is popping like a madman on decelleration (rich condition?)Any help is appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts