Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new here. I've done a search already. I understand the modular head can only be milled up to .010 or there may be problems.

It seems that pushrod heads are able to be milled substantially more. Since I'm really ingnorant of anything that small can someone put it in perspective to me? Would this much be removed when cleaning up the surface for minor scratches?

My concern stems from a pair of FRPP heads I had to sort of rebuild back in 98 due to valve guide issues. There was some scratches that were cleaned up and now I wonder how much more the heads can take as far as clean up goes. The machinist ran a stone over the heads to clean them up. I doubt much was removed, but I'm still concerned.

·
Registered
138 Posts
that because the 4.6 is an interference motor wchihc menas that if it is out of time the pistons will contact the valves, on the old motor there was enough clearance that even if it was out of time this would not occur. That is why if you mill the heads too much even though your in time the piston will be coming up too far and contact the valves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts