Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my question. i have a 4.6 gt. now i was going to trade it in for an 03 cobra. i wonder if it was possible to put 4v heads on the gt short block. my goal is to have 500-550 rwhp. what else would you have to change? im assuming forged internals, tranny, anything else? i mean if this process will cost a lot i might as well just get the cobra.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I thought about doing the same thing. Save the $ and invest in the GT. Headwork, cams, upper intake, 12 lbs boost on stock bottom end, you should see REAL close to what your looking for. If you do the math of how much more you would wind up spending on the 03 and not mod it, you will still be way ahead after modding your GT. Talk to Tim aka Cobra Killer. That [email protected] the one whos got me working on my 2V instead of an 03 Cobra. However, I am only looking for 305 - 310 rwhp from mine (for now), which I should see from the head and cam work im investing in now. Picking up 150 HP with 12 lb boost and upper intake shouldnt be hard. Total it would cost for all the work to get you where you want to be I am guessing would be around 8-9K. Now do the math of what on 03 would cost. In my case it would have been 19k over what I have left to pay on my 00. Then, start all over with the modding.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i was going to do a 3 angle valve job, port and polish, cam work, 12-14 lbs of boost, forged internals, the whole nine yards. im guessing it would be a $10,000 job. im just a maniac when it comes to hp. 310 at the rear is very doable. cuz i was thinking of getting a n/a saleen but thats a waste of money. problem is i love the way the saleen looks. i can put a body kit on my gt but it doesnt work for me. i like original things. ill see what i can come up with. thanks guys !

·
Registered
90 Posts
with P&Ping, 75mm cobra tb, c.a.i., bullitt upper intake, shorty headers, cat-back, x-pipe, cams and the right tune you could run 300rwhp N/A. Then add 12 # of boost and you got yourself some power! Crank it up to 14 w/ forged internals and I'll bet you'd reach well over your mark.

I'm planning on running that N/A combo untill I have enough money for a built shortblock and a turbo :) With a $500 P&P, that combo above (without the blower) would run about 4100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts