Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve searched this with no luck and/or a million different answers. Yesterday I went to my local junk yard and grabbed a set of pi heads of a 2008 ford crown Vic for 100$. They will be going on my 98 gt block. I’m trying to figure out what cam size I can go up to with out changing the pistons. Also long tube header options. Do I search headers for a 98 mustang. Will the npi headers fit the pi head

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have a 97 with TFS heads, previously I had PI heads. I have the ARH longtube headers for 99-04 and they fitted without issue. Headers should be interchangeable for 96-04.

For the cams, I have MHS Blower Stage 2.5. The shop don't exist anymore, but here are the specs: 228 / 232 Duration, 550 / 540 Lift, 110 / 118 Centerlines, 114 LSA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pi heads I got are off a 2008 crown Vic police interceptor. They didn’t seem different at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only tfs heads I can find are 1200$ each side. Is that the going rate. My car is pretty much stock and planning for a winter project. Do u have any other advice for a budget build.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I bought my heads in 2014, I can't remember the exact price it was back then. On summit racing price is between $880 and $1200 depending on the options.

For a budget build, I would do a full PI swap so heads, cams and intake. 3.73 rear end minimum, maybe 4.10. With a good tune and sticky tires I went low 13 with that, had a bunch of fun with a car that was reliable and not expensive. Then I added a supercharger and and we're far from budget build now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright I can get that stuff pretty cheap where I live. My pi heads with all internals were 100 bucks as long as I pull them myself. So the rest will be less than that. Did you supercharge with your stock bottom end internals

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
No, I went with a Teksid and Cobra crank, rods and pistons at the same time I added the supercharger. I started at 15psi, a stock internal would not have lasted long. You may be fine with a stock bottom end at 6psi, about 400hp, after that, it's build time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 97 with TFS heads, previously I had PI heads. I have the ARH longtube headers for 99-04 and they fitted without issue. Headers should be interchangeable for 96-04.

For the cams, I have MHS Blower Stage 2.5. The shop don't exist anymore, but here are the specs: 228 / 232 Duration, 550 / 540 Lift, 110 / 118 Centerlines, 114 LSA
Alright, good to hear the '04 header can fit to our incoming '97 project. Got to finish installing the bumper and winch from 4 Wheelonline onto the Wrangler before we can clear the garage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts