Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the smoked cobra headlights, but i cant for the life of me get these damn headlights off, what am i missing here? how do i get them off, i mean the actually headlight, not the bulb btw.

·
Registered
45 Posts
MitchellGT said:
i got the smoked cobra headlights, but i cant for the life of me get these damn headlights off, what am i missing here? how do i get them off, i mean the actually headlight, not the bulb btw.
Give me a moment and I'll make an Adobe PDF file of the manual page that describes it. ;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
MitchellGT said:
Not sure if I remember exactly, but my mother has a 95 and needed hers replaced. I think there were at least 3 bolts holding the main lamp on and you may even have to remove the corner light in order to pull the main unit out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
94-98 headlight removal

First off, i think you will agree with me when i say that these lights SUCK the huge one when trying to take off.HEHE, let me tell you,if you think they are hard to get off, then good luck on trying not to get pissed while putting them back on.I installed some cobra clear headlights on my 98 and it took way longer than expected.About 2 or more hours for removal and reinstall.And also ended up with about 100 small cuts on my hands haha. First of all take off the radiator cover and all the little metal clips from behind the black stoppers out.Also remove the side markers cause your gonna have to to take them out anyway.Be careful with the sides because the thread is very easy to strip with the bolt when putting them back in. There are three little black stoppers on the rear side of the lights, i just broke mine because that was the only way i could get them out,my kit came with new ones anyway.Basically just unscrew all the screws and tighten them back the way you took them off. Youll probably be pissed :mad: during but believe me when your done especially with the smoke ones, you will be amazed to see how nice they look :) .GOOD LUCK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts