Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking my fiance's brother home from my house, about a 15 minute ride, and was driving normal and punched from a stoplight to about 90 and then let off... then turned onto his street and fish tailed the car a bit and then let off... pulled up in front of his house and did a 180...

then as i pulled up and waited for him to get out, i had my foot on the clutch and in first... as he was getting out i heard this noise coming from the engine bay. it sounded like a squeal that was on and off rapidly, almost like the clutch fork would be vibrating back and forth and making a sqealing noise :shocked ... i dont think that it is the fork since the clutch was in... just using the fork as a reference... it then made the noise for about 10 seconds and got softer and stopped... i then go the the end of his street and have to wait for traffic to pull out. With clutch in and in first gear, it did it again for about 10 seconds and stopped... i drove about 60 back home very calm and normal and when i got home... i held the clutch in and put it in first and it did NOT do it... i just got home and wanted to get anyones opinion about what it could possibly be...

also, im dropping my car off at Ford next Wednesday to fix the "80+ vibe"... got to tell them about this and was wondering what to say...

any ideas of what it could be?? :confused:

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
It's your throw-out bearing. Ford probably won't warranty it. Welcome to the dark side of the Terminator world.

;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you say they wont warrenty it?

i read on svtperf that many people have this problem and have gotten it fixed under warrenty...

·
Registered
87 Posts
TopRacer said:
Why do you say they wont warrenty it?

i read on svtperf that many people have this problem and have gotten it fixed under warrenty...
Yep, I'm one of those people. The trick is that you have to be "in" with your dealer. For mine, before I ever took it in, I called and said that I was interested in doing some mods and was wondering if they would honor my warranty with those mods. I then listed my mods :) They had no problem with it, and so far, have fixed everything I've taken it in for under warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely a TOB. I have exactly the same symptoms and my dealer is reluctant to take any action until the problem worsens significantly.

My experience is that it seems to get slightly worse over time.

Good luck with the issue.

:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yo the stock Ford throw-out bearings suck. I had mine replaced twice on my '01 Cobra. That car only made 281rwhp. Replace it with an aftermarket part.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
KINGCOBRA said:
Yo the stock Ford throw-out bearings suck. I had mine replaced twice on my '01 Cobra. That car only made 281rwhp. Replace it with an aftermarket part.
And that is the correct answer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
And what specifically would be the part number and manufacturer?

Thank you.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Napa , Has them , And yes get it there. any brand name.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts