Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Personlly I wouldnt buy that unit, it doesnt make use of the available surface area we have.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Shadowgray03 said:
Personlly I wouldnt buy that unit, it doesnt make use of the available surface area we have.
So which one does? All of the ones I have seen don't use the entire opening.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
You going to the MIR Ford Fever race Herman?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Attached are photo's of my new Heat Exchnger design which fills the available area, fits in the stock mounts with my adapter kit, and doesn't require notching the bumper or taking the front end of the car apart. For more info Email me at [email protected]

Gord

GordsFord

Attachments

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
GordsFord's heat exchanger is a good example of a unit that uses available surface area, this will be much more inportant than depth.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
f8l..........i will be there to watch

car is still far from ready.....got to do the cage, trans and rear still.......will be there to support everyone else......i don't want to go break again!!!!!!:D oh and one thing about surface area....the unit i have is almost 3 times as thick as the original, and if you look under the car the radiator doesn't even use all the area that the bumper cover reveals......the core support is even more narrow than the bumper cover area!.....the gains from moving the exchanger out the 1/2 of a inch on each side wouldn't even be measurable in my humble opinion.....plus the fluidyne is 2 inches taller also.....buy what you want to .........there will be many excellent choices available!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Herman, the GordsFord unit is almost the same core thickness as the Fluidyne and is 5 inches wider in the front not 0.5 . The frontal area is within 1 % of the Fluidyne unit.

Gord

·
Registered
388 Posts
GordsFord said:
Herman, the GordsFord unit is almost the same core thickness as the Fluidyne and is 5 inches wider in the front not 0.5 . The frontal area is within 1 % of the Fluidyne unit.

Gord
that looks awesome! :blob

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
the gordford unit looks like a good product too!

All of these will be a great benefit to cars with lots of boost!!!:D my point was that the airflow through the unit is only as good as the open area behind the unit.....a unit wider than the radiator core is going to have stagnant airflow through portions of it....due to no room to flow air behind the overlaping areas....just a thought.......hermann

1 - 13 of 13 Posts