Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize w/ my pulley set-up that im having heat soak issues, What do you guys and gals think would be better? A bigger Heat Exchanger, just fans, a power cooler, or anything else that i let off? At point is it really a problem that i will have to upgrade the heat exchanger? thanks Jamie

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
03Venom said:
I realize w/ my pulley set-up that im having heat soak issues, What do you guys and gals think would be better? A bigger Heat Exchanger, just fans, a power cooler, or anything else that i let off? At point is it really a problem that i will have to upgrade the heat exchanger? thanks Jamie
You could get a set of IC fans. I thought they worked great.....especially drag racing. They cool you back down real fast. I also ran a powercooler so that helped too :p JDM also sells larger heat exchangers that kick butt. Swapping exchangers is a piece of cake.

So pick your poison.

--Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
How was the fan install?

Scale of 1 to 10

1 being you can install a shifter
10 being you can install a motor / transmission

Any tips / tricks or lessons learned?

I'm considering these from Amazon Racing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
soap, where did you get them and how much?
PM me if you must...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Sorry guys I overlooked this........

Instead of recreating the wheel.........check out my post here. It has all the info you need. If I missed somehting let me know.

BTW........install is a 2. Only tough part might be if you are afraid of wiring. But if you are just ask and I can offer some advise.

--Joe

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soap, I have a question, The ones you have are on a Lightning correct? wonder if the same ones will fit us Cobras? thanks for the replies. Jamie

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I would think they should........the heat exchangers should be the same size.

--Joe

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
fans

Soap, another question. What size are the fans and who did you purchase them from, and how much. I belive that the fans have to go in front of the heat exchanger and they look like they have to be pretty small like 8 inches to be able to fit two. Also I think it would also help if the pump ran with the fans .

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Re: fans

GRNENVY said:
Soap, another question. What size are the fans and who did you purchase them from, and how much. I belive that the fans have to go in front of the heat exchanger and they look like they have to be pretty small like 8 inches to be able to fit two. Also I think it would also help if the pump ran with the fans .
If you click on the link I posted.........it will answer all your questions.

--Joe

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
JT........

Don't go by what's in those pics on their website. Look at the ones I posted and compare that to what is on their website......they are a little different.

If in fact the heat exchanger on Cobra's is 6" tall then those 5.6" pullers work great......overall height is 5.91"......perfect :D

--Joe

·
Registered
24 Posts
soap said:
JT........

Don't go by what's in those pics on their website. Look at the ones I posted and compare that to what is on their website......they are a little different.

If in fact the heat exchanger on Cobra's is 6" tall then those 5.6" pullers work great......overall height is 5.91"......perfect :D

--Joe
I am looking for a much larger heat exchanger that will fit in on the Cobra. Who is selling them?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
i put the 6.5 inch 330 cfm fans on mine. two of the edges are flat the other two are round. you put the flat edges at the top and bottom and it fits perfectly! i then just used zip ties threw the cooler and around the edges to secure it. fyi.
Leon

·
Registered
286 Posts
hey jt. no i dont have a pic! i cant find the data cable for my digital camera to transfer to the pc.
I wired it myself. just used a relay and used the intercooler pump wire to supply voltage to close the relay. pretty easy. especially for a man with your expertise :D it only has about 1/8 of an inch between the fan and the powersterring cooler, if that helps? it fits perfectly flush with the outer edges of the heat exchanger.
Leon

·
Registered
459 Posts
03Venom said:
How can you tell it is having heat soak? Not doubtng you just curious...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts