Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that guy with the cobra "COOLAH " was ripping people off, but I am not sure on that since I have not heard much about it lately. But his heat exchanger looks like it does a better job then the PHP one. Can anyone share their experiences with heat exchangers...yay or nay and which one to get. Do they really help drop the temps that much, or is it just the fans that do most of the work?

Thanks, Andrew

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
I added the fans (from Rick) and am very pleased with that alone. They are set up to run all the time, by toggle switch, if I want. The best part is that they offer air flow even when the car is not going fast, or is stopped. Even a big cooler needs fans, in my opinion. (& have the IC pump running at will - toggle switch)
This past weekend, I ran 11.89 at 118 at Houston Raceway Park with the fans on. After cooling down, I ran again... this time I turned off the fans so the alternator wasn't working hard and drawing power, and the car ran slower - 12.02, but did have a 1.83 vs 1.77 60' time - so .07 difference and about 1 mph.
I am making 11-1/2 lbs boost with a 6lb lower, have Amazon CAI, Magnaflow catted X, Borla catback, and Accufab TB.
My initial dyno run (w/o the catted X & Accufab) was 429 hp & 455 ft/lbs torque. The second pull, with the fans on, was almost exactly the same at 428hp and 454ft/lbs - most everyone else lost power on their second pull. I vote for fans.

Ratt

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
venomousSonic03 said:
I heard that guy with the cobra "COOLAH " was ripping people off, but I am not sure on that since I have not heard much about it lately. But his heat exchanger looks like it does a better job then the PHP one. Can anyone share their experiences with heat exchangers...yay or nay and which one to get. Do they really help drop the temps that much, or is it just the fans that do most of the work?

Thanks, Andrew
Since I do not know the person personally, I will not share any personal opinions of the "Coolah" seller. I do know 2 people that have dealt with him - one would not support buying from him & the other bought the cooler, but would not leave his car with the seller for installation. Too bad there seems to be a reputation.

Ratt "James" Fink

1 - 3 of 3 Posts