Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm concerned about heat soak in regular driving conditions if there are any. I have a 6lb lower and a 2.80 upper w/ Metco 3.5" alternator pulley. I was wondering if there is a spinning problem at normal driving. Ron at Metco said not with the correct alternator pulley but I would appreciate any 2nd oppinions before I put a cooler box or different Heat exchanger on the car or not. I'm not concerned with heat soak at the track, because I have a Meziere Electric water pump and my electric fan wired to run off of a switch.
But info on how to hook up the factory intercooler pump to run off a switch would be greatly appreciated.

Tommy

·
Registered
309 Posts
To turn the IC pump on, you need to ground pin 82 at the processor. It is a wh/og wire, circuit 369. Keep in mind that circuit is the output from a relay that is only hot in start or run. So grounding it with the key off will not turn the pump on. You will need it in the run position. The circuit that does power the ic pump through the relay is hot at all times, so it is just a matter of supplying power to the circuit for pin 82 through the relay, then installing a switch for the wh/og wire at pin 82 of the pcm.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what your saying is I can tap a wire into the pin 82 wire and ground it and it will work key on right. Or I can run a power wire out to a toggle switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts