Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to message boards but after browsing around i have found you can get alot of valuable information. I am trying to get some advice from those of you through your experiences.

I am looking to upgrade my intake....which one should i go with....i have heard the bullit intake will work but has some issues with install....which will give the most bang for the buck...this car for now is also my daily driver.....and can anyone recommend a reputable shop to do the install work......i have been using Steeda since they strictly work on/with ford but am finding their install rates on the high side......

any help i could get would be great......

current mods on car:
eibach pro springs
3.73 gears
pro 5.0 shifter
polyurethane bushings all around
computer retune by steeda
vortech sq-8 psi of boost for now
external fuel pump
18 x 9 actual Y2K cobra R's(satin finish)
FRPP 70mm throttle body
180 thermostat
auto meter phantom gages
auto meter shift light

soon to be intalled:
demon coil packs, live wires
cerviini's stalker front bumper or cobra r(not 100% on which one yet)
cobra r hood

·
Registered
71 Posts
At this point your only choice is the bullitt. Someone sells a worked over stocker but I have not seen any numbers to know if its worth it. The RR intake on a NA car did pretty much nothing but make things worse. I have the SVO intake which is pretty much the bullitt intake from years ago but I dont remember the install being that bad at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you did the intake did you get a good pwr/torque increase across the entire rpm range or was it higher or lower in the rpm's, because i know if i keep increasing in the lower rpm's i am gonna have to start driving around on drag radials......not that is necessarily a bad thing....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wanted to do intake and heads at same time but funds wont allow that......what year stang are running..........

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The Bullit intake will give you a great gain on the curve.You wont see much peak..5-7rwhp but the curve is dratically different.At the track it is worth 1-2 tenths.

tim

·
Registered
113 Posts
You might want to check into one of these.Hogan sheet metals aren't cheap and I'm not sure what the power will be,but I know it's the $hit!I think it cost me about $3600?I've lost count at this point!
Kaz............

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts