Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself and my company. My name is Todd Rainey and I own a small fiberglass company called Boss Performance Composites based out of Wilmington, Ohio. We design and produce top quality Hoods and wings for 1983-present Mustangs. We've been in business since 1995, so we've been at it for just over 21 years. My parents met because of my mom's brand new baby blue 1964-1/2 Mustang, so I guess you could say Mustangs are not only my passion but the very reason I was born. Over the past two decades of being in business, we've had a lot of ups and downs. Everything from working directly with Ford to our building burning down in 2010... It's been quite a ride.

I'm new to this whole forum thing but I imagine it's much like talking with people at all of the NMRA events that we attend across the country every year. You and I may have even met before! I have to say that meeting and talking with Mustang enthusiasts is my favorite thing about being in business. Perhaps we could do much the same thing here in this forum. I have lots of back stories that never make it into literature or even on our website. Things like: Where do some part numbers come from? Or Why does everyone else use white gelcoat on their hoods and you guys use black? Or How do you guys make your fully finished hoods as light as most pin-on hoods? If you guys would like to hear some of these stories (or others), I'll be glad to post some up for you.

One of the highlights of being in the Mustang aftermarket is some of the people and companies we have been able to work with over the years. Since 2004 we have been official designers and producers of hoods and wings for Steeda Autosports. We also had the honor of working with Scott Hoag from MRT. Many of you know that he was the project director of the 2001 Bullitt Mustang at Ford. Scott contacted us about developing a new hood for the '08-'09 Bullitt Mustang (they called it the '68 Style Reload). We have also worked directly with Ford on several projects. We're excited to announce that we are currently developing a real-world version of the "Need for Speed" movie car hood, quarter window scoops and rear blackout panel for the 2013-14 Mustangs. They will be available very soon! Check out our full line of 1983-2014 hoods here: Boss Inc. Ford Mustang Hoods, Mustang Hood Accessories at bossincstyle.com

Here's a clip from the movie:

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts