Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my satin black Kenne Bell kit today. I'm EXCITED AS HELL! Looked through the installation manual, and did an inventory of the kit. I'm going to start the install this weekend.

I was wondering about others who have the kit. What type of obsticales could I run into during the install? How about the fuel system with 42's? Octane?

Ready to kick some heads/cam/spray LS1 tail this season, think I'm a bit closer. :D

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mat. What kinda gas/boost are you running?

·
Registered
244 Posts
As of now I am using 94 octane. I am running around 15psi. but i will be making that # go up very soon :) Thanx to my buddy Nitrous pete :)

Matt

·
Registered
122 Posts
ur gonna need bigger injectors than the stockers.. 55lbers seem to be the norm. Anyone wanna back me up this?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Way to go, Steve! An 03 Cobra with that Kenne Bell kit is like Oreo's and milk. The combo works well. You are not going to believe how amazing the car will be.

Be very careful with the install. I know of others who ran into problems and the project turned into a nightmare. I opted to pay the professional and it turned out to be a good choice.

And I agree...the injectors are a wise decision. The 42's are good for moderate boost but will heat up and cost you power. And they are a risk. Upgrade them! But you really should do injectors with the blower install. Changing them afterward will require the blower to come off.

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problems on the install here. Back left bolt under the plenum is a little tricky though... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts